Speedy Piping Has Ripped .. Can This Be Fixed!

ok, to answer all the questions:

1. I purchased the bag in Oct/Nov so it is only a few months old.
2. I didn't cause this .. my bag is never on anything but cloth or carpet.
3. That is the only corner that even looks used, the rest of my bag is spotless.
4. The nearest boutique is over 2 hours away, so as soon as i can i am going.

Thanks for the replies

ok, to answer all the questions:

1. I purchased the bag in Oct/Nov so it is only a few months old.
2. I didn't cause this .. my bag is never on anything but cloth or carpet.
3. That is the only corner that even looks used, the rest of my bag is spotless.
4. The nearest boutique is over 2 hours away, so as soon as i can i am going.

Thanks for the replies

You should call the store you purchase it from and explain the situation. If it's not convenient to go to the store they may suggest you send it to them. Either case I think you shoud be able to get your bag replaced by them since it is under the 1 year warranty. Looks like a manufacture defect. JMO

OMG!!! this is serious! bring it to LV ASAP, but I htink getting the piping fixed would be more expensive cuz they'd need to take apart the entire bag... I think it would be at least 300$+.... *wonder if it's worth it?....* maybe you can consider buying a new one? I dunno, just that for me if getting something fixed is more than 1/2 the retail price, seems too much for me...
Anyway, good luck! :biggrin:

Sorry...I remember reading here...actually in a recent thread that if the piping has wire in it, the bag is fake...is that true?

Post in question

My bag from Neiman Marcus had this plastic tubing in the piping which keeps its shape and flexible contour corners. Also if you have any flaps or hard sided purses they have a plastic like mess to make the flaps or sides stiff also. I don't think it's fake. I have taken apart one of my very old and not loveable LV's apart to see what it was made of. I do know what materials it is compose of internally.:sweatdrop:

i definitely will NOT just buy a new one .. ihave only had this one 4 or so months ... it is NOT fake ... and i WILL NOT pay $300! They will have to give me another one or fix it ... it's not my fault!

Be nice about it but firm. LV for the price and name shouldn't be doing this, but not everything is perfect so things can go wrong sometimes. I am sure they will replace it if you have only had it for four months! It must be a defective bag.