Speedy dilemma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all! I'm relatively new to LV and to the forum and already I have a speedy dilemma! :confused1:
    My mom got me my first LV (Mono Speedy 25 because they didn't have any 30's) in december for my birthday and I loved it until I joined this forum and realized that the 25 is too small for me and that it's really the 30 that I need.
    Soo how do you guys sell your bags? On eBay? I just moved to the US a few months ago so I'm not really familiar with eBay and was wondering what other options I had and would love to hear how you guys do it. I have literally used the bag twice and still have everything it came with (except for the brown bag because the SA did not give me one and since it was my first bag I didnt know to ask for one!).
    Thanks for your help!
  2. what brown bag? the paper bag??? The SA did not give you the speedy in a paper bag??
    did you wear it out?

eBay would probably be your best bet.
    you could try your local craigslist
  3. Sorry, I meant to say I have only the brown bag it came with but no box!
  4. I think ebay is the safe bet...or like djpimptress said, your local craigslist would work great too. Good luck!
  5. Either Ebay or Craigslist or a local consignment store.
  6. craigslist - it's free, but less traffic
    yahoo - small fee, but more likely to sell
  7. Thanks so much for your help!
  8. Aww you're going to sell the bag your mum bought for you? Thats too bad. I guess ebay
  9. eBay is your best bet or go with a consignment seller.
  10. EBay - make sure to take LOTS of pics and pay extra to list them. You don't want someone claiming that you did not show damage on the bag.

Make sure to offer places like tPF to get the pics authenticated online.

Make sure to take a picture of the date code and heat stamp.
  11. I would personally keep it since it was a gift from your Mom. Maybe you could get a Damier Ebene or Azur in 30 ... or even the Mini Lin Ebene?
  12. I'd go with eBay.

Be sure to take pics of:
    -Front/back/bottom/sides of bag [also include the dustbag and shopping bag with the pic of the front of the bag]
    -Zipper pull
    -Trademark heat stamp on leaf [Louis Vuitton Paris made in _________]
    -Date Code
  13. I would totally agree with this. I use my mono 30 for everyday use, but I use my Damier 25 for nights out and evening functions. The 30 is better for all the stuff I haul during the day, but is a little too casual for a night out.

You could keep the 25 your mom bought you and save up for a 30 in a different canvas line.

If you do choose to sell, like the others said. EBay with lots of pics and a reserve would be the best bet

Good luck!! :tup:
  14. I haven't tried craiglist for bags yet, but ebay is probably your best bet. You should check how other speedy sales are doing though, if yours is still new and in excellent condition you might be able to make what you bought it for, but with ebay and paypal fees it's tough. If you're still having any doubts about selling I'd recommend that you think it over carefully before selling. You never know when a smaller speedy might come in handy and there will be more opportunities to buy more, but you'll never get the first LV your mom bought you again. I'm saying all this because I thought of selling my speedy 25 that my first LV that my mom bought me too, but decided against it. ;)

Good Luck!
  15. I think everyone has pretty much covered what are some of the best choices for selling a bag.. best of luck !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.