Speedy 30 or Batignolles - horizontal

guccigoo

Apr 28, 2006
Hi Girls

My husband is considering buying me a gift for our anniversary....which one do you recommend......

anyone have the batignolles horizontal - Could you carry a 12" notebook in it?

Thanks for your advice?

I have both (well, the speedy is a 25, but it's close). I love the speedy, but it is sometimes a nuisance to have a hand-held bag. The BH fits nicely on my shoulder, and it is quite roomy. I don't worry about an even patina on the BH as much because I don't have to carry it in my hand. But, I do sometimes worry about my bag being open all the time. If you want to carry office/school supplies, then I would go with the BH (and the sag is not as much of an issue). I can fit a regular spiral notebook in mine. I hope this helps!

if you need to fit a notebook in it or like shoulder bags, bh is the way to go. i prefer my speedy. the fact that the bh didn't have a zipper bothered me to no end and i prefer handheld bags in general. the bh kind of looked funny on my frame for some reason...probably b/c i'm not used to carrying a shoulder bag. they're really two different bags for two different sets of needs.

ilzabet said:
if you need to fit a notebook in it or like shoulder bags, bh is the way to go. i prefer my speedy. the fact that the bh didn't have a zipper bothered me to no end and i prefer handheld bags in general. the bh kind of looked funny on my frame for some reason...probably b/c i'm not used to carrying a shoulder bag. they're really two different bags for two different sets of needs.

You are so right - perhaps I NEED both......hhehehehehe;)

I say go for the Batignolles. I ordered the Speedy 25 and thought it was too small, then I ordered the 30 and thought it was too big. Then I decided maybe the shape and the fact that it's handheld wasn't for me, so I got the BH and I've been really happy with it. I still think the Speedys are nice. I just don't know if they're for me. I love the BH. You can fit a ton of stuff, and you have easy access to everything.

I have both and if I had to choose only one...well, I'd cry! Seriously though, sounds like the batignolles is right for you if you need to carry a 12" notebook. It is gorgeous and roomy. You really can't go wrong!