Speedy 30 Cracking

Hi I have a speedy 30 made in 2012. I have now noticed a crack near the zipper. What can I do. All the other pieces I own are vintage and I've never had an issue?

I had my speedy for more than 10 years now, i saw a crack (same as yours) near the zip... And ask my SA why? What she told me is this... It is because of the stitches hole.... Oh well, it is a well used bag so kinda acceptable... Lol!

Lol. Yea I agree. I have had some good use out of my bag and I was thinking about selling her but I think I'll just let my aunt keep her since she's been carrying her since January! Lol so that will make room for the Speedy B I'm going to purchase. Still don't know if I want the 25 or 35

Lol. Yea I agree. I have had some good use out of my bag and I was thinking about selling her but I think I'll just let my aunt keep her since she's been carrying her since January! Lol so that will make room for the Speedy B I'm going to purchase. Still don't know if I want the 25 or 35

+1
Im also thinking of purchasing speedy b de in 25!!! Lol!:graucho:

Last edited:
Update* So I finally was able to take my speedy to LV yesterday and basically the cracking is due to the wear of the bag. If you leave your bag open the friction will cause cracking. So ladies when you carry ur speedy's please zip them up. I'm not to worried about mines cause I've had it since 06 so she is well loved.

Since the cracking comes from the stitch holes on the canvas, do you think the cracking will eventually cause the zipper to come off the canvas part of the bag? I have some cracking on mine as well. :sad:

Has anyone heard of the speedy b 30 cracking more than the 25? No cracking on my 30, but I honestly don't use it much. I should have bought the 25 as I feel like I'm carrying a large duffle bag in the 30 when it's on my shoulder. I like using a cross body bag so will get the speedy b in the 25 in damier. Hate hearing about the cracks some are having.