Speedy 25

1. I'm looking into getting a mono speedy 25. For those of you who already own speedy 25, i have some questions I'd like to ask.

1. does the zipper scratch your hand/wrist as you reach in to put things in/out?

2. is the zipper smooth? does it get hard to zip as it gets older?

3. is the interior leather lined? canvas? does it get sticky as time passes?

Appreciate your input. Thanks.:smile:

2. 1. It won't scratch your hand....well, maybe it depends on how big your hands are. I have small hands, so never was an issue with me.
    2. Always easy to zip....never had problems with the zipper.
    3. The interior is cotton canvas, not leather lined.

I sold my 25 because it was too small for my junk. I love the 30!!

3. I have both a speedy 25 and 30. The 30 is easier to get in and out of because the opening is wider. The zipper does not scratch my hands at all, even when pulling things out of the 25 which has a smaller opening.

My oldest speedy is only a year old but it opens very smoothly, and just like it did the day I got it.

The interior is canvas. The inside is the other side of the coated canvas that's on the outside, just not coated. Mine has not gotten stick, I don't see how it could seeing as it's just canvas, unless I spilled something on it...

4. I've had my Speedy 25 for about 18 years (no, that's not a typo) and I just had all the leather replaced on it, as well as the zipper. So here are my answers:

1. does the zipper scratch your hand/wrist as you reach in to put things in/out? No, I've never noticed that.

2. is the zipper smooth? does it get hard to zip as it gets older? Yes, the zipper is smooth; I've never snagged anything on it. I had my original zipper for 18 years before I had it replaced and it never got harder to zip as the bag got older.

3. is the interior leather lined? canvas? does it get sticky as time passes? I haven't noticed the canvas becoming sticky, even after all these years. It's quite durable.

5. Wow, that's great to know. I didn't know you can get the leather replaced. I guess with the canvas interior it won't get sticky. my experience with LVs, the ones with the leather interior, got sticky over time and it's not usable. Plus the second hand stores won't buy them.

6. An epi speedy will scratch your hand with the zipper, but not the monogram. And as for the other ?'s, they have been answered!

7. I can't really answer those questions but my mother has the 25 and she loves it!

8. 1. does the zipper scratch your hand/wrist as you reach in to put things in/out?

No But I have fairly small hands.

2. is the zipper smooth? does it get hard to zip as it gets older?

I haven't had it stick yet.

3. is the interior leather lined? canvas? does it get sticky as time passes?

Canvas lined not sticky

Speedy 25 was the perfect size for me at 5'2" and I find I can put alot in there (stuff even gets lost) If I had gotten the bigger 30/35 I think it would end up being too heavy bc it would hold more stuff.

9. 1. No, I've never scratched my hands.
    2. Zipper is smooth.
    3. Interior is canvas, so I don't think it will ever get sticky.

10. Thanks for your responses!

11. 1. does the zipper scratch your hand/wrist as you reach in to put things in/out? Not terribly, but you do come in contact with the zipper a bit more on the 25 vs. the 30.

2. is the zipper smooth? does it get hard to zip as it gets older? My mono 25 is about 3 years old (daily use for almost a year) and I haven't had any troubles with it.

3. is the interior leather lined? canvas? does it get sticky as time passes? The interior is actually unlined (like a pochette), so the inside is actually the back side of the canvas. Also, I've talked to a few SAs about the stickiness in the vuittonite lined bags and this is something that LV has been working on to correct, so it should only happen in older model bags.

12. I've one of these and haven't been bitten by the zipper at all. Mine is 8 years old, very well used, and the zipper's smooth as silk.

No stickies, but this would be the same for any kind of bag - don't put anything sticky in it, and you won't have sticky innards!

I use it as a smaller bag when I just don't need to take everything with me, and for going out when I want to take more than a clutch. Definitely get one, they're gorgeous, classic, and versatile. There's a picture I posted awhile back in the "what's in your LV" thread of all the stuff I could fit in mine.. far more than you'd think! :tup:

13. you're right seaOfyears, it's all the LVs I got more than 10 years ago. I wonder if they would take it back as a recall.

14. 1. I'm in the minority I guess because when I use my 25 the zipper does "scratch" meaning brush the back of my hand and wrist. It doesn't "scratch" as in leave a mark or anything though. I have really small hands too and it was a bit bothersome/annoying at first but I've gotten used to it and I love the speedy so much that its something I can deal with. The larger size, 30, does not scratch.

2. The zipper is buttery smooth. Thats one thing I love about LV.. their high quality zippers!!

3. Inside is canvas and it won't get sticky with time unless it has to do with what you put in your bag.

15. Although I don't have the Mono Speedy 25, I do have a Damier Azur Speedy 25 and an Epi Speedy 25. It is much easier to get items in/out of the Damier Azur, which should be similar to the Mono Speedy.

The Epi Speedy has a shorter zipper and it can be tough on my hands. I typically use my left hand to hold the bag open, and my right hand to pull out items. No special technique needed for the Damier Azur.