Speeding Ticket

1. Omg I got my first one today lol. I got a court date and everthing wut should i do how much will this end up costing me? Thanks in advance!

2. The amount of the fine should be on your citation, and options should be on the back.

You can pay in full by mail (sometimes they reduce it and send you money back), you can show up to court and plead guilty (and pay fine that is usually reduced when you show up), not guilty and get a court date for trial, or no contest (same as guilty but your not really admitting guilt.).

3. I got one a few months back for going 90 in a 65 mph zone. my dad thought my bill was going to be huge because his ticket for 85 in a 65 mph zone was over 300 bucks, but I only got charged 250.

I'm actually doing traffic school online as we speak ;)

4. depends on how fast you were going. and where.

i got my first ticket in november and just NOW called to see how much it was going to be. i was figuring around $400 (22 over in a construction zone)...ended up being $161!!! i think they cut me some slack because it was my first ticket.

i still think i should plead not guilty...but i would have to go over an hour to court on a day i have school- and i would just rather pay the fine and be done with it. i would say to just pay it and avoid court, personally.

5. In jersey you might get points for a speeding ticket so I suggest if its your first go to court and get a deal to get no points but you will still have the pay the charges. How fast were you going. There is the cost of ticket plus fees.

6. Sorry, that sucks!!! Not sure if it is true where you live -but if you go to court and the cop doesn't show up - don't you get out of your ticket?

7. I live in CA and if the cop doesn't show up the ticket gets dismissed. That happened to me after I fought a stupid ticket where I failed to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. (I waved at her to cross, she waved at me to go, I went, and then the cop gave me a ticket for going even though she waved me ahead.)

Also, if you don't get your ticket dismissed you can go to traffic school so you don't have points on your license. That will save your insurance payments from going up.

8. I appealed my first ticket and just had to pay like a $20 dollar admin fee. I told the judge, "this is my first speeding ticket in 15 years of driving. I was not in a hurry to get anywhere so I must have been inadvertently going over the limit, I apoligize and will be more conscious of my surroundings and the speed limit. I am asking that you waive any fines and points." She said Ok, I paid my 20 bucks and it was a done deal.

9. oh, CRAP. i forgot about my insurance going up!

10. My perfect driving record got ruined on Monday when I got my first speeding ticket. I was going 51mph in a 35 mph zone. It was truly my fault, as I drive on that road every day of my life (heck, I even ride my bicycle on it a lot) and I have never even given the speed limit a thought.

My fine was $90, but I don't know if I got any points. I went ahead and paid it since it was my error, but I think the speed limit is way too low on that road. Anyway, my ticket said that if I didn't pay within 15 days the court would set a date for my trial and they'd notify me by mail when that would be.

11. well the officer states i was doing 75 in a 55 but i disagree this is my first offence, I was in the right lane (how fast could I be going, and I was also going with the flow of traffic.) But when the see a teenager its an easy target especaly in the car i have!! its soo wrong well i found out some stuff to defend myself. He put me down for march 6th but i figure if i can postpone it so maby he wont e able to make it to the court i might save my self some cash!!

12. well the officer states i was doing 75 in a 55 but i disagree this is my first offence, I was in the right lane (how fast could I be going, and I was also going with the flow of traffic.) But when they see a teenager its an easy target especaly in the car i have!! its soo wrong well i found out some stuff to defend myself. He put me down for march 6th but i figure if i can postpone it so maby he wont e able to make it to the court i might save my self some cash!!

13. i figured out the "going with the flow of traffic" reasoning doesn't work. i was doing that AND trying to avoid getting run over by a semi. so, yeah, darn right i was speeding.

if you do end up in court, just admit your fault. or just pay the fine and move on- and watch out for those cops!!!

14. I got pulled over once because I was "too close" to the car in front of me-- just while we're on the topic of tickets here!

AND. The cop told me "It's a $25.00 ticket."
    I go to pay the stupid thing and it's $35 !!!! ALWAYS CHECK!

15. Double post, sorry. Had an internet issue, apparently that did post