special treatment while carrying LV

At the Coach outlet, the SAs love my Speedy. I usually have BF hold it while I run around the store and they start asking him about the bag and you'll notice him edging closer and closer to me until he tugs on my shirt and says "It's her bag." :lol:

I wish I had that experience! For now, the LVs stay at home whenever I go to Coach...

I know people don't like dredging up old threads but I think this particular one is ok and theme is still current (via google search).

I'm trying to reconcile that all people, no matter what job position or financial station they are in, are all good people. But -- sometimes it takes something like a "status symbol" to really bring out that "goodness", it's kind of sadly superficial.

Last year, I was roundly dismissed by an SA at the Chanel counter of Macy's when I asked about the Chanel Premiere fragrance. This elusive fragrance had been in the works for a long time. She said there was no such thing and didn't bother to discuss it and kept insisting I was wrong. OK, that wasn't very nice. I left.

Forward one year, I go back again, this time I had LVSpeedy under my arm. Same SA. She obviously didn't remember me. She quickly approached me and uhm... she asked me what the difference was between 4-petals and 5-petals on the monogram. She had a Druot with 5 petals :shocked: uhm I dunno?

I never judge what people choose in handbags (I look at all types of handbags if it suits my style) but just the way she was chatting it up over LV... it was a little awkward as I still reacting to the fragrance incident when I saw her again LOL. She started giving me her whole life philosophy on LV and sacrifices women make for their families. I mean, she was really opening up like that. I stood listening to her wondering when I was going to actually see the new cosmetic line for Fall. She never asked to show me anything. I left feeling funny.

I didn't mind getting special treatment, but would she have dismissed me again if I wasn't carrying my LV?

It's Funny you asked that! Because i do have a little story to tell you ladies!

Well as you know i work at saks so everyone knows me there and in neimans as well! But this is in MD!

Well one day I went to VG, i was feeling a little congested but my GF wanted me to meet her there ( Neiman Marcus at Tyson Corner which is located in VG)

I had no Makeup on ( u can tell i was sick, never leave the house with no Makeup) had no Heels on, Carry this black vintage leather bag which is by coach, But it was a very nice shoulder bucket bag, well I arrived at Neiman Marcus, Went a little looking around ( No intentions to buy anything, Well i left out of Neimans for a quick second and Went into Chanel, OMG they where the RUDEST, MEANEST SA i have ever ran into, I asked a SA to let me look at this Gorgeous Chanel bag,

SA:u want to Hold it?
Me: Um yeah obvious if im asking can i see it{Speaking to myself} Yeah
SA:{ She gave me this Snotty Look at my Bag and Turned her Head
SA: She let me hold the bag, she sayed do you Intend on buying the bag
ME: No, I sayed
SA: Oh, She went to whisper in someone Ear, and u can tell they were talkin about me because they all looked

NOTE: My friend came in there she had Heels on, Makeup on, looking Fabulous with this Gorgeous Louis Vuitton Stephen, They ran to her needs! The same lady who was helping me left me and ran to her asking Oh sweetie do you need any Help! I looked! And was appuad!

Few Weeks later, I wanted to do a little Test, Just got my Hair nice and Done, caried my Louis Vuitton Denim Cabby, had some cute Lobouitins on and had some makeup on! The same lady who was acting like a B** came to me and sayed Hello, Welcome do you need any assitance with anything!

It's just Amazing how ppl can treat u!!!!

i was in the local coach store earlier this week and there were 2 sa's, both couldn't have been more friendly and nice but the young male sa commented on my bag (he said "when did you get this little beauty?"). it was my azur speedy 30 and we spoke about what a great little summer bag it is. than he complimented my watch!! i have to say, i got a little uncomfortable. it felt like he wasn't sincere but just saying things to butter me up. it was weird and i didn't think about it anymore until i read this thread.

That was my 1st encounter wih mean SA!! They are always so pleasent! And Sweet, Even when ur not looking like a Million Bucks! IDK what happen that day, Because when i went to by my Cambon i bought it from the Tyson's location in VG and they were super Sweet to me!

^^ in my experience, Coach SA's are always amazing and bend over backwards to help anyone who comes into the store. i've gone in in all kinds of outfits (multiple locations too) and have experienced GREAT SA's each time

Sad to say but LV just has that effect on people- we were checking into a hotel and they could not locate our reservation and I waited about 40 mins. while they figured it out - I called over to my DH that was sitting with our luggage & my LV bag and asked him to bring it over to me so I could locate ID etc. when suddenly within minutes the woman that had been absolutely curt and rude to me(despite me staying kind patient) suddenly just got me another room despite not locating my reservation and actually apologized to me and thanked me for being so understanding- I have to give Louis credit 4 that one- I was dressed , had on nice jewlery & clothes and just a so-so LV but it is something about the Love that people have 4 LV-I think!

ABSOLUTELY! My mom and I were shopping at LV... and had LV purses... and bought some items at LV... SA at other stores just swarmed us as soon as we walked in!

Sometimes I think you do get treated differently and that's kind of sad. Just because I'm carrying an LV doesn't mean I'm more or less likely to buy something. It has to do with so much more than that. It depends 99% on whether or not I like something and want to purchase it...other reasons can be if I'm tired or not, what kind of mood I'm in, whether I think the salesperson is nice in general, etc...LOL.

Wow... i just finished reading what everyone else wrote on this thread. I must say it is kinda sad when people treat you differently when you see you have a bag worth the amount of a mortage payment! ^^

I guess that's just the way society is...

I don't get special treatment 'cause I'm a teenager and dress like one, and most of the time they'd assume my bag is fake. They'd usually ask questions to test if my bag is real like...

"Where did you get that bag?"
"Did you get it at South Coast Plaza?"

Yes, having a LV does make a difference from my personal experience at Gucci stores here in KL.

There are 3 Gucci outlets and 2 LV outlets in KL. My daily attire is just a casual shirt, jeans, "cheap" sling bag and i dont even wear a watch (since handphones show time i dont find the necessity of wearing watches). I have no problems at LV outlets where i find the SAs all helpful and would walk up to me to ask if i need any help; however i can't say the same for Gucci's SA (except for the newly opened outlet). I have visited the 2 older Gucci oulets couple times and the SAs would just ignore me. Once i entered the Gucci store before my wife came in and all the SAs as usual would not even acknowledge my presence but the moment my wife walks into the Gucci store with a LV, the SA would say Hi to her!

I am waiting for the graphite messenger bag, let's see then if i get better treatment at Gucci stores.

With me it's weir I think, because I'm 16, I've got a Louis Vuitton, but if I go to Milan or London or so to go shopping it's too small so I take another bag. When I am there I wear casual jeans a tee and always designer shoes (have a shoe addiction), but eventhough I'm 16 and shopping with a friend withot parents or anything, I just have to walk in and there's an SA standing next to me asking me if they can assist me, they ask me if I would like a glass of water or champaign (depends on legal drinking age in teh country :rolleyes:) and they never give me weird looks or anything, and I have no idea why they are so nice to me when other people have different experiences, and this doesn't just happen at LV, it happens at almost any store, only at Lacoste in Paris they was someone being a *****. Gotta love shopping :yahoo: