Special Order- more expensive?

SaskiaS

Nov 18, 2007
Hey!
I live in Europe, Austria. We have one Store in Vienna what carries B.V.
I know they can order you a bag if they don't carry it, e.g. the Roma in Black etc. But I don't think they can make special orders. (as its an boutique what has the lisence to sell but is not a B.V. Store).
But I still need to ask.
But my real question for you ladies is:

If I do an special order, do I have to pay more then the normal price? Lets say I want the Roma in this Gold,l like the Barcelona Cabat (special edition), would this be possible? Would I pay the normal price for the Roma or would it increase?

And do any of you if the Barcelona Cabat is really a limited edition or is it available in stores? When i was in Italy I didn't see it anywhere. Would it be possible to Order it, even if its a special edition and there were only 500 produced?

Id love to hear your opinions! Please help!

Saskia:tup:

as far as i know the cabat is only available from the bv boutiques.
special orders have to be approved and cost between 20 and 30% more.
good luck with your special order. please post pics.

Yes, special orders are more expensive. You need to talk to a BV rep about what you want and then Mr. Maier needs to approve it before it can be made. From what I understand they next check on materials availability and then give you a price. Afterwards, it may take 6 months+ to complete. Anyone, feel free to correct this if I am wrong. I do not know when money changes hands on the deal.

The Barcelona Cabat is at the boutiques in large and medium. I saw both in San Francisco last month. They are limited edition and there is a plate inside that has the edition number of the bag i.e., 15/500.

You should call the closest BV boutique and ask if they can ship one to you. :graucho:

My SA had mentioned that special orders are 20-30% but she said a deposit was not required. The only thing they needed to put the order through was a credit card number. Good luck!!

I tried to SO a veneta not so long ago and the SA takes your details, the order then needs to be approved by Italy whereupon you then need to pay a 50% deposit. After roughly 6 months you get your bag and pay the rest. The markup is usually around 30% on top of the retail price of the bag

Hm... its 20-30% thats much! So if the Roma costs 2000 Euros I will have to pay around 400 euros more thats okay....but with a Cabat.. 20-30% is a bit much.

So, I guess if I want a Roma in the gold colour (dont know its name) of the Barcelona cabat this will cost me even more, as its not a standard colour.. like the ferro, black, etc..

Em I right? please correct me if I am wrong!!!! (The colour of barcelona)

Thanks Ladies.

Saskia

^The barcelona cabat is in platino ossidato (the colour) I'm not sure if it will cost you more, but I imagine 30% markup is quite enough already. My suggestion would be to contact a BV boutique for a quotation, PM me for the e-mail address of my SA in Hamburg if your still interested.