Speak your mind or stay quiet?

Speak your mind or stay quiet in interest of popularity?

• Speak your mind, say exactly what you think, regardless of consequences?

• Stay quiet in the interest of popularity & harmony & perhaps get angry inside?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I people know they can trust you and that you're an honest person not afraid of speaking your mind in the end it most probably wont' make you less popular in my experience. As long as you're not unreasonable.

It completely depends on the situation. I usually speak my mind, but there are times when that is not such a good idea.
Me too, I usually chose my battles. If I express my opinion it has to be in a polite way, I am all for harmony !
especially in the work place , if I disagree on a delicate subject it still worth expressing my opinion if it's for a work project, whereas when it's only personal conversation.....whatever, smarter to keep certain things for myself IMO.

I don't believe in a one size fits all approach - sometimes you have to speak up no matter what and sometimes you have to stay quiet at all costs - the art is to know when which is appropriate.

I find that still difficult but I am learning - :yes:.

It depends on the situation. I hate when people use "speaking their mind" as an excuse to be excessively rude or intrusive, but I also hate when people I care about stay quiet when they need to speak out.

Sometimes people have to learn when either is appropriate. It benefits no one to tell the person you barely know that her dress makes her look huge, but if your friend is doing something that is potentially harmful to herself or someone else, you have to speak up.

I speak my mind when necessary. Yesterday a co-worker told me that I had no problems telling people what I think. I'm a no BS type of person. I'm not rude, and I'm not going to say something in a manner to hurt someone's feelings. For years I was quiet and timid, and wouldn't say a word no matter what the situation. I decided that I had to be more assertive. However, on this forum I tend to skip threads where I know my opinion isn't popular. Sometimes people want validation for their issue, and if you give your honest opinion, you get reamed.

I speak my mind all the time. I do it because I have something to say. I also do it because there are certain members on here who I feel go out their way to say things in a just very snark way, even some of the mods come to mind :sad: (who imo should know how to speak better), and I sort of feel like I'm saying "I know the snotty game you're playing".

it depends. if it's about something that i feel very strongly about i'll speak up. but if it's about, say, a floral pattern i find particularly unattractive but my grandmother is enamoured with i let it go.

and i do have to admit that if i dislike the person with the differing opinion to mine i tend to get a little more assertive than i might otherwise :whistle:

Here is a thread that I started, not knowing that I would be hurting other members feelings. I guess with some members, getting revenge and being rude is the way to get back at me.:crybaby:

http://forum.purseblog.com/tokidoki-and-lesportsac/

I thought sharing our thoughts or observations is honest and helping me or others to understand different views. I guess I was wrong and it really turned me off on how members reacted to my thread. It was not the type of outcome that I was looking for.

^
I don't think you should post about that in this thread, ask a mod. (I do however agree with you though, it seemed like people were taking your post the wrong way, I was a bit O.o surprised when I saw the replies.. )

Status
Not open for further replies.