Spanky ~ A Happy Story of Survival

1. Sometime in 2000 I received an e-mail asking for a donation for a cat a woman in Florida found, who had been burned on most of his body. His ears were completely burned off. Later they found out that kids had doused him with gasoline and set him on fire. Needless to say the vet bills were very expensive and with the help of donations from complete strangers over the internet, "Spanky" (that's what she named him) made a full recovery.

Here's the link for his story, if you click on the camera icons you can see all the before and after pictures. It's a really heartwarming story to read for anyone who loves animals.

http://lighthouseanimalrescue.tvheaven.com/spanky.html

2. How anyone can light a cat on fire for fun is beyond me. Sometimes I really hate people.

3. Spanky is an angel!

4. Yes i Totally Agree..

5. What an amazing little cat. Thanks for sharing that.

6. there are some truely sick people in this world!!! it makes me so :cursing:!!!

7. What an amazing story!! Thanks for sharing. So glad it had a happy ending.

8. ^Me too!!

9. This story broke my heart and made me smile at the same time. It goes to show that for all the evil in the world, there are a decent and kind few who are willing to do what's kind and right. Bless the woman who saved Spanky and Sandy and gave them a new life.