Space for Guys & their Hermès

Absolutely love this- your bag is stunning! Can you tell me more about the bag charms you have? I especially love the long bushy/brushy one!
Thanks. The brown is LV from my DE Keepall. Small saffiano from kate spade and the big tassel I found at century 21 in mahattan. There is no label, but I think it is by Natasha Accessories.

Reactions: Hermezzy
Here are the pics. I thought this was a better deal than using two twillies at $160 each. They get dirty and must be washed frequently and eventually replaced. There was a damier graphite bag from LV years ago with custom white handle covers that inspired me to have these made.
Photo property of fashionphile
View attachment 3410998

I traveled to multiple leather shops all around NYC (in temperatures near 100 degrees) to inquire about the project and to collect quotes before making a final decision. One shop refused the make them or even give a quote, claiming that it would be too difficult and not practical...Meh- please let me decide how to spend my money.
Received several quotes of up to $950 before settling on a reputable shop that only wanted $500. I was skeptical that they would be crappy, but figured it would be worth the gamble just in case they actually turned out well. Enough of my chatter; here they are... I am pleased. They make the bag look more edgy and kind of rock-n-roll.

View attachment 3411002 View attachment 3411003 View attachment 3411004 View attachment 3411005 View attachment 3411006

Thank you! You are so smart! Your bag looks smart as well.

Reactions: howardu09
Here are the pics. I thought this was a better deal than using two twillies at $160 each. They get dirty and must be washed frequently and eventually replaced. There was a damier graphite bag from LV years ago with custom white handle covers that inspired me to have these made.
Photo property of fashionphile
View attachment 3410998

I traveled to multiple leather shops all around NYC (in temperatures near 100 degrees) to inquire about the project and to collect quotes before making a final decision. One shop refused the make them or even give a quote, claiming that it would be too difficult and not practical...Meh- please let me decide how to spend my money.
Received several quotes of up to $950 before settling on a reputable shop that only wanted $500. I was skeptical that they would be crappy, but figured it would be worth the gamble just in case they actually turned out well. Enough of my chatter; here they are... I am pleased. They make the bag look more edgy and kind of rock-n-roll.

View attachment 3411002 View attachment 3411003 View attachment 3411004 View attachment 3411005 View attachment 3411006
$500 may sound like a lot but when you look at the workmanship and design, it is definitely worth it. H would have charged $1500 for these !! I love the zippers and design. Good choice.

$500 may sound like a lot but when you look at the workmanship and design, it is definitely worth it. H would have charged $1500 for these !! I love the zippers and design. Good choice.
Thank you. ITA. I definitely think the price was a deal, considering the labor required.
Thank you! You are so smart! Your bag looks smart as well.
Thank you.

Nice addition to your collection. HUGE upgrade to the traditional cotton bandanas!

Well: I'm officially on Ban Island for the next few months [emoji28]. I somehow managed to acquire two pieces of Barenia (my favorite leather) this weekend. One, my holy grail bag: Fauve B35, the second a really neat older style called a LA bag in Natural Barenia

Reactions: boulderv1
Well: I'm officially on Ban Island for the next few months [emoji28]. I somehow managed to acquire two pieces of Barenia (my favorite leather) this weekend. One, my holy grail bag: Fauve B35, the second a really neat older style called a LA bag in Natural Barenia

Photos please!!! Would love to see the Barenia Birkin!!

Once she is back from her spa treatment I'd be glad to...she wasn't treated well by her last owner and needed sprucing up. I've got the La bag though...I'll post a pic or three up in a bit!