Southern Charm on Bravo

I follow both of them on Twitter and Instagram (I find it all way too fascinating). Anyway, he posts pics w/ the kids and she posts selfies. So not sure what is going on now w/ custody......

Jennifer had her baby by C-section today. He will have to have surgery in the next few days. Only 50% of babies survive to birth with his defect. Hoping for his surgery to be successful! His names is James Ascher. They are calling him Ascher for his name.

Reactions: pink1
Jennifer had her baby by C-section today. He will have to have surgery in the next few days. Only 50% of babies survive to birth with his defect. Hoping for his surgery to be successful! His names is James Ascher. They are calling him Ascher for his name.

What does he have? I can't remember where I saw the name of the defect, but I recall seeing that he was doing better en utero at one point.

It's a brain encephalocele-a rare birth defect of the neural tube in the brain. The skull does not close in the first 4 months and part of the brain protrudes. They treat it with surgery to place the protruding part of the brain and membranes back into the skull and then close the opening. That's what it says in the article. :smile:

I feel like the fact that she's been totally silent about it since the c-section on Monday morning is indicative of bad news. Not saying she owes her "fans" anything on social media, it just seems like if there were something good to report she'd be all thankful to everyone since she's been asking for prayers repeatedly for months. Or she'd be asking for more prayers if there were reasons for them. I hope I'm wrong, but to me it's not looking good.

I saw this on instagram (sorry it cut and pasted so largely):
jennifersnowdenUPDATE:
Ascher was born on Mon 9/12 @ 7:50am. He is doing great & we are now home after a tumultuous 1st few days. He is a strong little man. I'm trying to give him some time to himself but I'll post a pic soon. Even my friends haven't seen him yet. It's been a just family kind of thing to give him some space to get stronger which he has. Thank you all for your kind words & concern. I've not been on my phone at all since Monday but I'll be back next week. Thank you again much love, jennifer

Reactions: lulilu
I saw this on instagram (sorry it cut and pasted so largely):
jennifersnowdenUPDATE:
Ascher was born on Mon 9/12 @ 7:50am. He is doing great & we are now home after a tumultuous 1st few days. He is a strong little man. I'm trying to give him some time to himself but I'll post a pic soon. Even my friends haven't seen him yet. It's been a just family kind of thing to give him some space to get stronger which he has. Thank you all for your kind words & concern. I've not been on my phone at all since Monday but I'll be back next week. Thank you again much love, jennifer
Wow. That's great. Prayers he continues to improve.

Reactions: JNH14