Southern Charm on Bravo

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
How are we not already talking about this?

As someone who grew up in the south, I really enjoyed the premier. I was waiting for Whitney to say he was a descendant of Eli Whitney, because I dated one of those.

I can't believe how old some of these men are... their 50s!

Reactions: MamaSleepy
Ravenel was a drug dealer/addict..only went to rehab for the drugs, got away with the other charges...I know other stuff...these people are a mess and the Southern fakery, I REFUSE to watch.

I was amazed that they were discussing Gone with the Wind!!! "are you a Scarlett or a Melanie?" As a yankee this was the most stereotypical depiction of southerners i could imagine. Whitney's mom is everything.

Whitney and his mother's house helper/friend was on another reality show - the Beverly Johnson reality show on OWN.

I need Thomas Ravanel to NEVER speak French. It's awful.

Whitney's mom is just the greatest. I can't wait to see more of her!

I can't believe the guy who wants to reboot his political career is trying to do so via a Bravo show. Who in the world advised him that this would be a good idea?! He's already made a hot mess of himself, taking the redhead home for a one night stand, getting super drunk, jumping in the lake at midnight, etc.

I love a good train wreck with entertaining characters and will definitely be watching this one.

Whitney and his mother are straight out of a Tennessee Williams play...

I haven't watched this and don't plan on it, but I just saw a clip of them giving a tour of their home and I INSTANTLY thought of the movie "Divine Secrets of ya ya sisterhood", when the little girls went to visit an aunt and her son (who got food thrown at him).

I tried and I just can't. The chick with the 'mohawk' is WAY to trendy for her own good... And the coke dealer :tdown:

Whitney and his mom are the best part but still not worth investing the time. Let me know if it gets better...