Sources for vintage bags (specifically, Ferragamo)

1. Hi everyone,

You know how you see a handbag (or coat or shoes, etc.) that you absolutely love, but then don't buy it for whatever reason, and then spend the next few months obsessing over it? That's exactly what's happened to me over a Ferragamo bag, except I've been obsessed about it for *years*...

I saw a gorgeous Ferragamo bag at Galleries Lafayette in Paris in the fall of 2001 when I was living in France. It was a gorgeous milk chocolate brown leather shoulder bag (sort of hobo style) with lots of detail on it... kinda like leather embroidery. Anyway, my husband told me to go for it, and me trying to be practical said, "Nah, it's alot of money..." But I couldn't stop thinking about it, and of course when I went back to Galleries Lafayette a few months later, it was no longer there.

So I've been trying to find this elusive bag -- not knowing the name is a huge disadvantage -- but I haven't had any luck w/vintage shops or eBay. So I wondered if anyone knew of a good source for older or vintage bags... or do you suppose I'm totally out of luck since Ferragamo might sell different bags in Europe vs. the United States?

I appreciate any help/advice/thoughts you all might have.