Sophie Kinsella ~ books under a different name

1. Purely by accident, from a source nothing to do with books, I discovered that Sophie Kinsella wrote 7 books prior to the Shopaholic series, under the name of Madeleine Wickham.

Have any of you read any of these, and did you know it was the same author!!!!!

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/w/madeleine-wickham/

2. I've read Cocktails for Three. It's a cute, fun book, but nowhere near the Shopaholic series IMHO.

3. I agree.

We read it for our book club and even though we knew it would be different, we were a little disappointed.

4. ^ me three. i read that book too, but it just wasn't as fun to read compared to the Shopaholic series

5. quite honestly I was utterly disappointed in this book.

no where near 'shopaholic' at all...heck, even 'undomestic goddess' and 'can you keep a secret' were leaps and bounds better thank 'cocktails'

6. Madeleine Wickham is actually her real name! I was reading in the news when Shopaholic & Sister came out that Sophie Kinsella is like her middle name and her mother's maiden name?

I read one a couple yrs ago, it was ok... don't remember which one it was now!

7. I dont think I will bother reading them to be honest. I would probably be disappointed.

I am sure that the shopaholic series would be a hard act to follow.

There are so many things that we can probably all relate to. I was showing my OH the bit about eBay, when she sold items she didn't remember buying etc.

Really touches a nerve. :cursing:

8. yes, I read anyone for tennis, I think it was called that, or something similar.

Vaguely entertaining, but instantly forgettable (hence my prob with the book name)

not like the lovely Becky ;) lol

9. i knew she wrote books under 'madeline wikham'...was a bit confused which one was her real name. (thanks for making that clear) I have read nearly all the shopaholic series and some under madeline wickham. I love her books. would recommend.

10. Not a big shopaholic fan, myself....the first one was ok, but I thought they got very formulatic after that. But Can you keep a secret, was better I thought.

11. OOH that's so exciting thank you for the gossip ;)