Sometimes you don't want to go to the spa....

1. In my rushing around sometime this past week, I must have bumped into something, most likely my car door, with my Clemence Evelyne.

There's this oh so lovely "circle" mark right on the front of the bag. I think it must be a mixture of water and car dirt, but I'm not sure.

I have tried some gentle home cleaning, but the "circle" is still there with this bluish outline.

It took eight weeks for my Toto to come back and my Lydie is still there getting cleaned ( 12 weeks???) and I just wanted the Lydie spruced up.

I really don't want to send the Evelyne on vacation.

What's the longest/shortest timeframe for a spa turnaround? Is there a way to rush it? Any other alternatives? I'm seriously tempted to just take it to a local leather place due to the turnaround time....sigh...

2. Oh Quinn's Mom......I know the feeling! I HATE sending my babies off....the only thing that makes it palatable is the knowledge that they'll come home looking mighty fine and in a new sleeper......

All my bags took about 6 weeks turn-around. I wish it were sooner......

Off topic but how do you like the Lydie? I was thinking that it's such a gorgeous bag and could be a nice substitute for the Constance????

3. S'mom,

It's a cute bag, but really completely impractical ( kinda like silk scarves :p ). It's a "ladies who lunch" kinda bag. Lipstick, compact, and a card case for some CCs or cash and that's it, otherwise the shape whould be ruined since it is not a wide bag.

In exotic or black box, it would be lovely for evening, I think better than a Constance.The size of the H on the Constance is a bit to "blingy" for my taste, whereas the size of the H on the Lydie is much more discreet and proportional.

4. Mine have taken 5 weeks. I generally don't send a bag in until I am ready to be without it for a while-Like I will send a dark bag in the summer and a lighter bag in the winter when I am less likely to need it.

5. I've had the same experience as Sus...about 5 weeks. It is so hard to send them off to spa, isn't it?

6. It is hard. I guess I can carry my Trim as an everyday bag for a bit, but the temptation of knowing I can take it to a leather place near me and have it in a week is very strong...( Must resist).

I've got a couple of weeks before I go to the H store...maybe the mark will work itself out of the leather by then...wish I knew what the mark came from.....

7. maybe you can get another bag to hold you over while your's is at the spa? lol. i'm working my mom on that angle with her chanel...

8. Now...that...is...a..good.....nonononono.....can't.....hmmm...I should email NC tomorrow to see what they have in stock....

DH said w could replace it if it can't be fixed...which is my worst nightmare....

9. Have you tried the Meltonian cream? Can't imagine why you would have the ring. Try a little powder to soak up any oil?

10. hey, do you guys know where to get the meltonian polish? trying to figure out where it's sold...

11. ^Pigleto try eBay for Meltonian.

12. I thought they had a website. In the US you can purchase at the shoemaker.

13. I really need to send my ostrich birkin off to the spa. But I was concerned about how long it would take, and the SAFETY of having it shipped off to the spa. Six weeks is a long time! :sad:

14. i think when i brought my bag in it was there for less than 3 weeks. dh thinks 2, but i can't remember so i don't want to get your hopes up, lol.

re. the meltonian, i get very confused because that's a company that makes different products. there is cream, polish, conditioner, oil, etc. i've get to find the exact product that matches the various descriptions i've gotten of it on tPf.
    re. a leather repair place, i (and this is probably just me) would sooner go 3 months without my bag than give it to anyone but hermes.