Sometimes wearing LV is a no-win situation..

It's just weird to me when I hear about people saying "you must have a fake" to others. Who is raising people to talk like that?? I would NEVER say that to ANYONE! I teach my kids if you can't say something nice say nothing at all. Am I missing something here or are there some really rude people in this world?!

:yes: ITA!!

She was very rude. It really is none of her business and to be poking at your gorgeous new Damier really makes me ill.
I'm really frustrated with these people who are supposed to be raised in a well heeled society. Yeah right! Totally class-less.

I was at the library carrying my Damier speedy when a lady came up to me and looked at my bag. She said "Nice bag...what brand is it?". I said "It's a Louis Vuitton". She looked at it some more and said "You must have bought a fake. Louis Vuitton bags don't have THIS print. You must have got a fake from some [name of ethnicity] place"

I was rather nonplussed but managed to say "No they do sell this print". She then looked at the tab and maybe believed me because then she asked rather suspiciously "How much was it?" So I said "Five-hundred-ninetly-five-dollars" rather hurridly because I wanted to get away from there.

She stepped back and looked at me askance and said "You spent almost SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS for THIS bag? Huh?"

There's no pleasing some people :P

:rolleyes:
I think it's odd that she says it must be fake because LV bags aren't in that print, then names a store where they DO sell fakes.

Sometimes I wonder if these people really do think their purse cart and back room stores actually sell real LV bags. Yeesh.

I haaaaaaaaaate how people find it necessary to comment on people''s belongings!!! How is that their business?? Well, at least you had class and weren't rude like she was!

i must say .. u handled yourself extremely well! props to you girlie! .. that lady was extremely classless and rude to concern herself with your purse. one thing, i think that sucks, is that amount of fakes that are around .. it's unfortunate for the the people, like all of us, that can appreciate the lv brand and how fabulous and timeless it it .. that lady was out of line .. but you handled the situation fabulously! =)

People buy a $100 bag that is worth nothing in 5 years and has no more life in it. Your bag will be worth $400 in 5 years. That costed only twice as a cheaper one if you sell it.

I often wonder why I don't get the "is it real" question more often since the closest LV boutique is 200 miles away. I think you handled it well, though. I think I would have done the same thing about the price question, though. If someone asks me a question the answer comes to mind quicker than any witty remark.