Something lighthearted...

1. Warning: irreverent post ahead :sweatdrop:

I remember reading about the different ways people pronounced Hermes. Here's a lil' contribution....

Was having a nice time catching up with my brother over dinner and the topic turned to Hermes. I was going Hermes this, Hermes that, Hermes lalala and my brother nodded and seemed to know what I was talking about.
    Until he asked, "And what's this brand named after?"
    "One of the gods in the Greek pantheon," I replied
    *Pregnant Pause* :idea:
    "Oh! You mean HURMS!"

:roflmfao:

2. :roflmfao:

3. :roflmfao:

Sometimes DH and I squeal 'Hermeeeez!!!' but it's more of an inside joke than anything...haha...
    but my friend doesn't think I pronounce Hermes 'French' enough :cry:

4. I still can't get DH to stop pronouncing the "H"!!!

5. My DH, who speaks french fluently and w/o an accent, likes to go to the H store and pronounce Hermes, colors, leathers, etc purposely wrong to see what reaction he gets!! I want to kick him when he does this!!

6. This guy's a keeper, Sus. Sounds like life with him is alot of fun.

7. Me neither since with my language we always say all the letters just like they are written.

8. This thread is soo funny
    Yesterday I called UK website customer services. The SA said "
    hermes".(with the H)
    I was like OMG, and I sort of questioned her a little about correct pronounciation, and she said they were instructed to say "ermes" and not to pronounce the H.
    I had to laugh, she said it all depends on her mood , as to how she pronounces it.

9. I forgot to mention that DH also likes to refer to Hermes as 'The Herm' or 'The Big H.'

10. ARRGH :noggin:, it's exactly the same with mine :wacko: silly :heart:

11. Reminds me of Eliza Dolittle in My Fair Lady, saying, "In 'Artford, 'Ereford and 'Ampshire, 'urricanes 'ardly Hever 'appen." Wonder what she would have called Hermes??!!
    :smile:

12. My husband will never be able to pronounce Hermes, lol, he's still calling my Birkin Bukkin!!

13. LMAO!!!!

14. :roflmfao: So cute!

Sus, you are not alone on the husband front, by the way--mine also has a perverse sense of humor and likes to mangle the names of Hermes items at the boutique as well. The funny part is that although he isn't a French speaker, he's fully aware of not only their correct names and pronunciations, but the full complement of leathers, colors, sizes, etc. What can I say, he listens well, and I've been yapping about this for our entire relationship. :p
    He actually referred to a Troika bag last week as "the thing with the hair on it" in full earshot of my SA. :wtf: Thank goodness she's pretty easygoing!!

15. hahahaha she would have pronounced it correctly!