Something for My Sister

koukanamiya said:
Dear wise ladies of the Hermes forum, I need some suggestions. I am feeling so worried and stressed that I can't concentrate. My sister just called me sounding very shakened and told me that she was in a very bad car accident. I'm going to go off tangent for a bit because I need to get this off my chest, but I PROMISE that this will get back on topic.

My sister told me not to come get her and not to tell my parents what happened. But from what I was told, she was driving her Volvo and she was switching lanes. She looked over her shoulder and made sure there was no cars around before she made the lane change. Then out of nowhere, a Ford SUV (from 1995) slammed into her car from the side. Her entire backdoor was now dented very badly and she was feeling majorly sore (going to the hospital already). What was disturbing was there was NO CAR when she made the lane change, that guy just came out of nowhere. And as soon as the car accident happened, another car drove up behind them and a kid jumped out and said he saw what happened.

My sister thought it was strange because both the car that hit her and the "witness" seem to know each other. Neither party could speak English and they definitely look acquainted. After the cop took down the info, they went on their own way. My sister said she couldn't be sure what the witness sadi because all the exchange was done in Spanish. But I'm really worried about my sister's health condition, the condition of her car, as well as the accident ... I've read about the ongoing scams where people create a car accident to make money, this seemed like one of those cases ...

:back2topic: Anyways, to get this back onto Hermes, do you ladies have any suggestions on what to get my sister to make her feel better? She's more casual than I am, and she doesn't wear scarves. She's also not into jewelries or shoes. She has a wallet that she's used for a while and it's still in mint condition, so it's unlikely she'll want a new one. What can I get her?

Edit: Put the picture at the wrong paragraph. I'm very out of it:Push:

Can I offer a little help with the collision.

Tell your sister to get the police report, if she does not agree with the facts of loss, she can request changes be made. She should have told the police she thought the witness knows the other driver and make sure she tells her insurance adjuster.

Can you tell I do this for a living? Let me know if she needs help with the insurance claim.