Somehow, I feel that an ivory bag should be more formal

1. I really don't know why, but I just do! It doesn't strike me as a color that I'd carry when wearing casual attire. Granted, I have seen plenty of ivory and white slouchy hobos, but it doesn't feel right.
    I'm in the market for an ivory bag, and all I can picture is a very structured, ladylike bag... possibly a frame bag, or something from Anya Hindmarch. Am I nuts?

2. No, I think ivory would be great to wear on date or for a formal occasion. I think everyone goes for black most of the time.

3. I'm with you. I have a hard time thinking of ivory or white as a casual "everyday" bag. I've even tried to get into it as an everyday bag (with an inexpensive slouchy shopper), but I never feel right. I think ivory would be gorgeous on an Anya or other structured bag.

4. I wear a very casual dark white Chanel on a daily basis, depends on the style of the bag IMO, not the color necessarily.
    Here's mine, worn w/ jeans in one photo and gym clothes in the other:

DSCF2145.jpg DSCF2139.jpg DSCF2538.jpg
  5. Gosh. That's funny. I have a Kooba Marcelle in ivory I can't seem to part with. The irony is that I'm so afraid to wear it, I don't see the point. I hold it up to my outfits and it really is beautiful. Because it's an ivory / winter white, it just works so well. In any all black outfit, it's sumptious. My debate was just whether I should sell it, or hang onto it "just in case." :confused1:

4d_1.JPG.jpg
  6. novice bag person here. I need help figuring my own bag purchase. I like the way this bag looks. If the cost of the bag is affordable for you, then I would keep it. It would be nice to know if that style and color of bag will be in season for Spring 2007 and Fall 2007.

7. I love the carker and the ebury by anya hindmarch. both gorgeous in the ivory!