Somebody pls. pinch me!...I think I got one of the 1st Black Metallic Reissues!!!

Dragon Girl

May 2, 2006
I'm still in disbelief that I got an 07 Fall Black Metallic Reissue in 227 today!!! :nuts: I never thought I would actually get my hands on one because I've called numerous stores in both Canada & US. The stores who confirmed they're getting them said they've got huge waitlists for them...especially in the 227 size, so my chances were very slim. My best chance of getting one, was to get on the list for the 228 size, which I was worried might be too big on me, but I put my name down anyways and decided to wait for the bag to come in and see it first.

Then today, I strolled into the Chanel Boutique at the Holt Renfrew on Bloor St. and they had a black & silver just sitting on the shelf!!! :drool: I couldn't believe they were actually reissues but the SA assured me that they were and the only reason they had them sitting on the shelf was because they were never planning on receving them and somehow they were just shipped to them by surprise! Since they never thought they were going to get them, they never started taking people's names down despite the large volume of people who called about the bag wanting to get their names down on a list. Lucky, lucky me because if there was a list, the bag probably would never have gotten to me!

My next decision was whether to buy the black metallic or silver. Both are gorgeous...in fact, the silver was really eye-catching but not in an overly-flashy way that I thought it would be. But since this is my first reissue, and I don't have another classic flap in black....I decided that black was the way to go!!!

If anyone else is interested, the store still has 1 more metallic black and only 1 silver, both in 227! Here are some first pics..i will post modelling pics later. This has definitely been my happiest bag purchase ever!!!!
:yahoo:

Attachments

• 2S0J0892.jpg
    2S0J0892.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 509
  • 2S0J0888.jpg
    2S0J0888.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 625
congratulations! its a gorgeous bag. i was on wait list in usa, but finally decided to get the other black reissue with the gold chain. either way, they all gorgeous. such classic piece! enjoy it!!! :tup::P

beeeaaaUUUUuuuutifuuuuuUUUUULLLlllll!!!!!! :woohoo: congratulations!!!!! :tup: that is really great that you were able to purchase this bag AND that there was no waitlist on this one! SO AWESOME!!!!!

please take modeling pics when you get the chance! and close-ups of the bag if you can!!

omg, i can't wait to get my hands on this handbag!!! :choochoo:

This metallic black color is soooo stunning (even more so IRL)! Congrats on getting this rare beauty! I was offered this metallic black in this exact 227 size yesterday, passed on it, saw this bag in the 224 size today.....and the color/texture just captivated me like none other -- way better than I expected (sooo classy, not blingy at all -- and the chain is perfect)! And I'm regreting my decision to pass on the bag and am now waiting-list for another one!

its so pretty :love: your so lucky to own one, congrats!

attachment.php

i keep coming back to look at the photos. :P so amazing! i realize, the black metallic is really between the black vintage lambskin (totally matte) and the black patent (totally shiny) in terms of shininess. i think the black metallic is a really perfect 'in-between" and will be great for dressing up a casual outfit and complimentary to a dressy outfit. ooooo i can't wait to see more pics!!!