Some tips I got from the personal trainer. :)

1. I got a session with a personal trainer in yesterday so I thought I'd share the info. Make sure you're doing strength training to build up muscle. Each pound of muscle you put on = more calories burnt at rest. Don't overwork your muscles and let them recover for 7 days. So do upper body only one day, legs another, and abs another while letting the other parts rest. Do strength before cardio and after a warm up.

Eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up. It boosts your metabolism for the rest of the day. Your daily intake should be around 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% good fat (omega 3, olive oil, etc).

I just joined a gym after moving to Cali 2 months ago and I'm so excited! I've always wanted to take these classes, and it'll definately help me stay motivated. I'm not trying to lose weight, but it never hurts to be more toned. :jammin:

2. Thanks so much for the info. I've always wanted a personal trainer, but it's so hard to find the time. I would love to hear anything else that you learn.

3. thanks for sharing! it seems like his nutritional recommendations are a little skewed, i think, especially for someone who's not trying to lose weight..? or is it b/c ur trying to build muscle?

4. body builder in training!!

5. that sounds really good!! goodluck :smile: I wish i could have a personal trainer as well.

also remember to keep your diet on track by countiung the calories, it really helps. and let yourself have a cheat meal.. where you can eat anything you want. It shocks your metabolism and keeps it going fast!

Please keep us updated on yoru sessions and how its going for you!

6. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the move out to the sunshine state! I would really love to move out there after I graduate if I get the chance

7. thanks for sharing. I love getting good tips!

8. It's good advice, but bear in mind that it's subjective. E.g. full body workouts are good for weight-training begninners as the body respnonds better. Of course you should not work the same group on two consecutive days. However, you don't necessarily have to wait seven days.

Whether you do cardio or strangth first, also depends on your goals :yes:

9. ^ beat me too it 24-48 hours is good enough rest for muscles worked beginners may need a little longer at first

10. I just followed up with some research online and the ones that do mention a time period for muscles to rest say at LEAST 48 hours for any muscle group, and more for larger muscles such as the legs. And a lot of them do agree that you only need to train each muscle group once a week- the split regiment where you target one group per day seems to be popular as well.

11. I'm no expert, but that's what I've always been told to^^^that you only have to work each muscle once per week. I think that's fine.

Thanks for the info! It was very helpful!!!!

12. ...depending on your fitness and experience.

I'm not saying you're wrong but bear in mind that one rule does not follow for everybody. whether it's diet macros, calorific needs, rest times, rep ranges etc. :flowers:

13. The nutritional advice sounds like its geared more for a bodybuilder than you from what I can tell in your pictures. Remember a good trainer will adapt the program to fit you and your requirements.

14. thanks for the info i so need to do weights to burn more cals...i have absolutely no upper body strength

15. I'm so weak in the food department. I can never follow the suggested nutritional intakes, whatever it is.. I eat what I want, I can never be bothered counting what's what, LOL..

I'm working on upper body strength as well. I can tell when I'm waving my hands that I need a lot of work in that area.