Some thoughts about LV...

1. Not sure if something like this was posted before as I'm too lazy and tired to do a search. :shame:

Anyway, I was thinking earlier today and I thought about how I really like the customer service at Coach & Juicy Couture as opposed to LV. I'm not a huge fan of Coach as I only like stuff from them that doesn't have the signature Cs all over but anyway, I like that they always hand receipts to you with two hands (regardless if it's a purchase or refund) and they always walk around the counter to hand your purchase to you with two hands, same at Juicy Couture.

However, all the times that I've been to LV, they just leave the bag on the counter and you have to take it yourself and they hand you the receipt (the way they do at a supermarket) or they leave it on the counter for you to take.

Why is that?? We pay so much more for LV than Coach or Juicy Couture, but why can't they walk around the counter to hand us our goods?? :confused1:
  2. I always get my reciept placed in an envelope and handed with both hands and they come around with my items I've never had them passed over the counter
  3. ^^^ita.
  4. ^ good to know...

Perhaps it's because I'm 19 and I look like a damn 13 year old? LOL
  5. Same experience as Label Addict for me...:tup:
  6. My first LV purchase was at an LV boutique and my SA was really nice. Now, there were other SA's who just stood there as I walked in and didn't even ask me if I needed any help. The one who did help me was helping me make choices as to what my first bag should be. I finally picked out the Mono speedy 30, and she went to the back to get me a new one. She was having a conversation with me the whole time. I paid, and she asked me if she could put the receipt in the bag. She handed me my purchase and I left the store feeling like the other SA's acted like I couldn't afford to buy anything in the store. Eventhough that one SA was nice to me, I never went back. Now I buy my LV's from NM, and I get spectacular service.
  7. Me too!
  8. I dont think it has anything to do with that, ive been shopping at LV since I was 17 (I am now 18) and I always get great service.
  9. That's good to hear. Both my purchases were made at the LV on 5th ave in NYC and what they do is an SA helps you but then they give it to someone else who wraps it in the back and brings it up and a cashier rings you up. Could that be the reason why I get stuff put on a counter for me to pick up myself instead of having it handed to me?
  10. My SA is wonderful, even if he is with someone else acknowledges me. Always hands me my receipt and give me my purchases and talks to me not at me.
    But, yes there are some very snobby SA, what a shame
  11. Yes, that is what I am used to too.:yes:
  12. Same here! :yes: I noticed they do this at most of the retail stores I shop at. Honestly, it seems excessive and unnecessary to me. I don't mind having my stuff handed to me over the counter :okay:
  13. Unfortunately, I could see that impacting some SAs. But on the other hand I've seen a lot of younger people go in and get great service too.

I'd honestly have to say it depends on the SA. Sometimes you get a great one and other times (unfortunately) you don't.

I guess I've been lucky though...most times I go into LV I don't dress for the trip. So I go in there feeling sort of like a bum (let's just say I like to be comfortable, especially when I know I'll be shopping that day!!). Still, that never has stopped an SA from trying to assist me! So I'm good with that! :shame:
  14. It really depends on your SA and if the person who rings you up is another person, and whether they are busy or not. I go to the 5th ave location and I always get great service, but I am a frequent customer. Nonetheless, I think the whole walking the bag over is unnecessary, nice but unnecessary kwim.
  15. I think it depends on SAs. I had a favorite SA in my local store, she's always very nice, polite and knows how to handle everything. She packed my new purchase in a box and put ribbon all over it even though I never tell her to do so. BUT she quited her job last year, and now @#%$ (never mind, I even don't want to mention it). I really miss her!