Some people are so clueless...

[...]
People aren't stupid because they don't know, most people truly just have no idea becasue they have other things in their lives they concentrate more on.

nice post, Swanky Mama.

I have only bought one Coach wristlet in recent years but being the bag fiend that I am, I can spot genuine and fake Coaches within seconds, I can walk by one without looking and already I hone in that it's a Coach bag...

Between my mom and sister, we have a large number of Coaches, and it's so funny when they ask me each time how on earth I can spot a fake (maybe I don't have a life?! LOL) Their priorities are way different than mine, but we all like the same things.

I too didn't really understand why fakes were all that bad a few years ago. I remember my Mom telling me about going to a purse party and we just giggled.

Now I have learned a lot more and wow. At my new job there are so many fakes it's just pathetic. What's the deal?? I have seen a horrible fake chloe paddington, fake coach totes and gawd awful white MC LV buckets.

I don't know why people swear up and down that they cannot afford the real deal. Most fakes cost between $50 - $80, so if they saved up, they could easily afford a real. Have they ever heard of the factory outlets?

No kidding! Someone posted something in here before about a website that was selling "realistic" fake Carly's and even advertised them as very realistic replicas. These were some of the "better" (ick!) fakes, and from a distance it's kind of hard to tell that they're fakes (though, if you were knowledgeable about Coach you would know they were fake). The website was selling these bags for $180! Why someone would knowingly pay that much for a fake bag is beyond me!

or the lady that i know she comes into my work and her husband bought her a fake so she wears it and has supposedly real everything else....ya and my mom wearing hers drives me nuts too!!

I saw the girl from the original post after work last night and showed her the Coach bags I was going to put up on ebay and we talked about fakes and why they are a bad idea and she freely admitted that they don't even look real. She bought one of my bags and is very happy to have a NWT real Coach for a good price.

If we had outlets here (Canada) maybe less people would buy fakes.

I've seen some fakes cost over $100 or more, what?? Seriously just save that money for a few months and then you can afford the real thing. There are lots of designer bags out there that are well under $1000. You don't have to break the bank! (like Coach hello?) What bugs me are girls who know that their bags are fake but still flaunt them like they are real...boo!

Some people are just clueless! I have a very good friend who owns both real and fake Coach and I just can't figure it out. How could you go back and forth between the two? There's just no comparison. I guess I'm snobby about it but I think that if you have 1 fake then people assume all your bags are fake, even if they aren't.

I saw the girl from the original post after work last night and showed her the Coach bags I was going to put up on ebay and we talked about fakes and why they are a bad idea and she freely admitted that they don't even look real. She bought one of my bags and is very happy to have a NWT real Coach for a good price.

If we had outlets here (Canada) maybe less people would buy fakes.

This is great to hear, that was very nice of you.

you can buy a coach at the outlet for 112 dollars like this one after tax.. I am poor. I make 7.04 an hour, only working 30 hours a week haha :P I just bought this today, my first.. i wont buy fakes.. :smile:

101507_00011.jpg

I just got invited to a party --- the event (on Facebook) says they are high-end replica bags.... but get this -- starting from $125-$350 CASH!! The Coach I just recently bought cost $130 on eBay, slightly used. Why would you spend up to $350 on a FAKE bag? I think that is for the LV ones --- but you can get a used LV from a myPoupette seller for that price!
I think alot of people are just miseducated, and don't see any other option but boutique or fake!