Some happier updates from pursegrrl!

1. OK all, most of you know by now as much as I was so excited about my big 4-0, so far it's been pretty rough. I turned 40 in May and then June turned into a major sh*tstorm; broke up with BF and lost my job in a matter of 3 weeks.

Guess the universe was slamming some big ol' doors shut for me which were ultimately NOT part of my life as much as I thought they'd be. I know things happen for a reason but the combined work + personal stress really has strained my self esteem (temporarily, mind you!).

Anyway, I need time to heal my heart before I'm ready to start dating again, but on the work front I am back out there in full force. I know I could take some time off and be just fine financially but I am just not one to sit idle. I had a GREAT phone interview today which will be followed up by an onsite one later this week, plus a phone screen with another group on Monday!

I honestly didn't think much would get done this week with July 4th and all, and just was using this time to get mobilized but more has popped up than I expected!

i can't thank you guys enough for all your virtual hugs and support. I have a lot of local support here at home too of course, but you are the ones who helped me pick out a great summer interviewing outfit and are the only ones who can appreciate my retail therapy results. :yahoo:

I would also like to thank those who have been helping me via PM for additional support, advice and even reviewing my resume!! You know who you are. You rock. HUGE HUGS.

So, time to suit up again Friday in the shirtdress, 'Choos and *sigh* picking out the perfect fab bag to knock 'em dead.

Cheers and have a great 4th everyone!!
  2. So glad to hear things are looking up. Hang in there! Sending more hugs your way from California.
  3. Oh good!! So good to hear, I'll be sending positive vibes your way this week!
  4. that's wonderful! very happy for you and wishing you the best of luck!!
  5. Glad things are looking better for you! I turned 40 last July and have actually enjoyed how I've been feeling more confident lately! Be good to yourself and take all the time you need to heal!
  6. Glad things are going better for of luck on your upcoming interviews!!
  7. So glad its getting better girl!!
    Let us know how your job huntin goes!
  8. So glad to hear everything is getting better. This is my favorite quote, from Helen Keller, I have it hanging where I can see it every day:

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
  9. Good to hear! Best wishes..have a great 4th!
  10. Hi darlin, glad you are strapping on the 'choos and good luck on the job search!

Hang in there!
    It only gets better from here!
  11. life DOES begin at 40. I will be 48 this year and my 40's have been THE best years of my life, by far!

Good luck and loads of hugs from me!:heart:;)
  12. Great to hear things are looking up for you! Big hugs! :drinkup: Have fun partying it up :roflmfao:
  13. YAY !!!!!! :yahoo::king::drinks::dothewave:
  14. Good luck with the onsite visit. It sounds like things are lookin' up!!!:yahoo:
  15. Hey Pursegrrrl, glad things are going better!! great that you are geetting interviews and they are going well!!

as for dating, yeah just take things easy, look after yourself and at some time, you'll get intrested in those male creatures again.... in the meanwhile, just be good to yourself and make yourself happy!!

*big hugs*