Soliciting opinion on this Cartier: want but not sure :-)

1. Forgot to type this out earlier in the day so here we go :p:

What do you think of this necklace and earrings set. It is the new (unreleased) Cartier line designed by Monica Belluci herself that is in prototype (apparently launched earlier this month during a Cartier polo match in Dubai) which will officially sold in store next month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, the Cartier man that I buy things from is pushing me to put my name in the list. I sort of like it but is it a bit ridiculous for a 30 year-old woman?

I am definitely passing on the necklace but I am tempted by the earrings. I love it because it's very light and dangly up to the point that you can whip lash your face with it, LOL but do you that is too juvenile and I should stop playing around, act properly for my age and most importatly wear something more suitable for a 30-year old :p?

P.S. The pricing is [supposedly] very acceptable (in line with the de Lune range) for a Cartier which can be passed down the generations!

2. I like the onyx part but I think the earrings are way too long .. .but I guess a tall person or having a long-lean-neck can pull it off.

3. MB can make anything look fantastic. I actually like the necklace. The earrings are really long.

4. ^ ditto, I really love the necklace but the earrings would bother me. That being said, I don't think it's too YOUNG of a look at all. Just not comfortable. :smile:

5. Very pretty! I saw some early sketches of this design too, my SA had mentioned that they may be able to shorten it but he wasn't sure. Perhaps that is an option??

6. I think its sort of an Art Deco look without the classic wearability of an Art Deco piece. Out of both pieces I actually find the necklace more classic and wearable.

7. I think the Onyx drops will really weigh down the earrings. That photo shows them pulling down on the model's earlobes. That would be painful, and even moreso with them swinging about! They are beautiful, but I'll have to pass.

8. Frist of all, I would not say they are too young for a 30 year old if that's what you're getting at, the woman in the picture looks older than 30 to me and they look lovely on her. I know I wouldn't really have much use for them and my hair is very much like the girl in the picture which I find annoying with very long earrings because the long hair blends in and gets mixed up....... Aside from that I do think they are pretty but I guess you have to decide if they would work for you.....

9. I think both pieces are timeless and would look great on just about anyone over 25 who has sharp sense of style.

10. You know you would rock these with your chanel clothes! ^_^ Well, at least if your neck is long enough. They look awesome in the IRL photos!

11. I think they are pretty!

12. Love the necklace, not too crazy about the earrings. Them smacking me against my neck all day would drive me crazy.

13. ^DItTO what Jillybean says.The earrings would be DRIVIN ME BONKERS!!

14. I love the set...the earrings seem long...but that might be something you just have to see in person to decide if it works for you or not.

15. I think it's a beautiful design..... but those earrings look a bit funny with them being so long, I think they'd drive me crazy too.