Soho Disco or Celine Nano

allofthebags

Feb 7, 2016
Hi all,

I am on the cusp of purchasing a new mini bag. For the last couple of months I've been coveting a black Celine Nano, but in the past week or so I've noticed, and started to fall in love with, the black Soho Disco bag. The latter is significantly cheaper.

I'm new to the Gucci forum - can anyone give me any tips on this bag? I'd like to get something I can use often - from going shopping to going out to dinner. I also want it to be easy to get in and out of. And I'm also thinking about resale potential down the track (if I can bring myself to part with it).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

I have the disco and I'm in love with it. It's a nice casual bag, the leather is really soft, and for a small crossbody, it holds quite a bit. I carry mine often. If it wasn't for the fact that I like variety and swapping bags, I would probably carry it every day.

I don't own the Celine nano so can't say much about it but it seems like a more versatile bag, being that you can use the top handle or crossbody, and I think it works better day to night than the disco. However, I'm not in love with the price tag. For $2700 you can get almost 3 discos and have a whole assortment of colors. Or get a soho disco for day and dionysus woc or Marmont woc for night and still probably come out cheaper.

I have the disco and I'm in love with it. It's a nice casual bag, the leather is really soft, and for a small crossbody, it holds quite a bit. I carry mine often. If it wasn't for the fact that I like variety and swapping bags, I would probably carry it every day.

I don't own the Celine nano so can't say much about it but it seems like a more versatile bag, being that you can use the top handle or crossbody, and I think it works better day to night than the disco. However, I'm not in love with the price tag. For $2700 you can get almost 3 discos and have a whole assortment of colors. Or get a soho disco for day and dionysus woc or Marmont woc for night and still probably come out cheaper.

thanks so much for your thoughts! really helpful. i'm glad to hear the disco holds quite a bit and you use it often. but good point about the price tag of the celine and the fact that i could get the disco and another night time bag instead. i will do some more research. not taking this decision lightly!

thanks again :smile:

I just recently bought a nano and have a micro. I think a black grained nano would be the perfect and "safest" option when buying a Céline. It's black so it wouldn't show stains or dirt, and it's grained so you virtually don't have to deal with scratching. I know someone stated above that the nano isn't a "night" bag. However, even if I were to buy a disco, I don't think I would be bringing it to a club or bar unless I knew it was a private event or we had a private area. A disco at full price is still a pricy bag. I know a nano is three times as much but still. I would also check because I heard the disco is discontinued?... Your best option is to go to the store and try them on side by side. Throw your stuff in them, walk around, see how it hangs on your body-the nano strap is too long for many people etc. bags are weird. And a personal choice. I relate bags to friends or tampons. You don't always like them, or other peoples choices Hahaha

Disco, much more versatile

I agree with ashlie, ^ try them both on and see which feels right. Price is always a consideration but I'm with you, get the one you'll use and love most.

Hi guys thanks for all your help!!! I ended up getting both in the end because I couldn't split them and was worried about the disco being discontinued [emoji15]. I got a good price on a Nano so not too concerned about the $ I spent - and if I got sick of it I can always resell. Besides, my bday is soon so I'm going to put it down to a birthday present to myself!

Thanks again for all your useful comments xx