So You Think You Can Dance 3 (Starts May 24)

Anyone else disappointed that Jimmy went home? I thought the judges were a unfair to go with 'uniqueness' than talent. But then again, a lot of it is popularity so I can see why Cedric stayed.

There are a lot of good dancers this season tho. I think it's gonna be a tough one.

This is an interesting question, especially since both the judges and the public have a strong say-so in who stays. As a dancer (but by no means accomplished enough to even dream about trying out for the show), I would vote for the dancer with the training (Jimmy) b/c one must devote their lives to studying the art form and technique of dance (esp. ballet). Almost all dance forms are based on classical ballet, but I don't think hip-hop or break dancing is. It's hard and only the most talented get on the show, but it's not an art in the same way that ballroom, jazz, lyrical, etc. are. Uniqueness can only get a person so far IMO. Therefore, I think Cedric, as talented and unique as he is, reached the end of the road and should have been eliminated from the competition.

Anyone else disappointed that Jimmy went home? I thought the judges were a unfair to go with 'uniqueness' than talent. But then again, a lot of it is popularity so I can see why Cedric stayed.

There are a lot of good dancers this season tho. I think it's gonna be a tough one.

I was really sad that Jimmy left...he was really fun to watch & he seemd like he would be able to pick up more styles of dance than Cedric.

Cedric is great at his own style, but I wish that they kept Jimmy around.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter in this thread!

Did anyone watch last night? As much as I do not like Jessie, I felt really bad for her. I wonder what will happen with her tonight.

Also, does Dominic bug anyone else? All the judges seem to be loving him right now, and he just bugs me for some reason.

I'm a little disappointed this year, in that I haven't been able to pick out a favorite guy and girl already. I think that most of the contestants are on very equal terms.

Jessie passed out and had an irregular ekg so since she couldn't perform, they made her dance for her life.

I am so pissed they kicked out Jessie and left that hip-hop dancer (partner of Jesus, don't remember her name). She was my favorite girl! What is up with the jusges this year. Too many wrong decisions. Poor Pasha, his new partner needs a lot of work.

I don't agree that Jimmy was off from the show too!
I think he is better the Cedric..
I can't believe Cedric is still on the show!!
What went wrong with the voting system???.. (here again I feel like AI)

And uh..why was Jessie chosen by the judges to leave the show? Lauren didn't do much on her solo....like nigel said, 'you didn't dance enough, just strutting on the stage and took off your jacket'

I personally don't understand the judges decision this season...:confused1:
And yeah, I still don't have a fav dancer compared to last year ..

But Fergie and Ludicris was great last night!

Also wasn't the dancer with Pasha (the redhead) was on the What not To wear show a few season's back? She was nominated by the choreographer for PAsha and JEssie?
Correct me if I am wrong..

I love this show. Totally hooked on it...I don't think Jessi should've been sent home last night though. I really thought it would've been Lauren. And I'm surprised the Cedric made it past last week.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter in this thread!

I'm a little disappointed this year, in that I haven't been able to pick out a favorite guy and girl already. I think that most of the contestants are on very equal terms.

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been much talk about this show either, but then again I personally am a little "ho-hum" about it this year. Nigel bugs me to no end and as you said, it's hard to choose a clear favorite from any of the guys or girls. There's so much talent, but I'm really not rooting for anyone in particular.

I actually think I might be getting a litttle burned out on these contest shows. I follow American Idol and Dancing with the Stars and now I'm wondering if I'm not just over them. (??)

It didn't seem like Nigel agreed to let Jesse go home either; I think he might have been outvoted coz he did come down pretty hard on Lauren. I thought Pasha and Jesse's routine was hot!

But Cedric??? Ugh! I KNEW he'd get the sympathy votes. He got a little too much airtime to yap.

Well, should be interesting to see what happens in two weeks.

I think that the judges felt like they had to be fair to the other dancers with regard to Jessie. Even though she was ill, she didn't perform and maybe they felt that there would have been a bigger uproar if they didn't let her go. Plus, I read that she may have had an undisclosed condition. To be honest, her routine wasn't that great either - her audition routines were more creative and better.

I think that the judges felt like they had to be fair to the other dancers with regard to Jessie. Even though she was ill, she didn't perform and maybe they felt that there would have been a bigger uproar if they didn't let her go. Plus, I read that she may have had an undisclosed condition. To be honest, her routine wasn't that great either - her audition routines were more creative and better.

I'm confused! I know Jessie was let go last week and so was Jesus, but doesn't that leave two boys and three girls instead of two and two?

^^ I'm confused too...I sat at the sofa thinking about that for a half hour and then I thought, 'Oh forget it, I'll just watch what happens next week!'

Favorites for me are: Shauna, Dominic, Pasha, Hok, Sabra, and Lauren...I know I have a lot! But my top are Dominic, Shauna, and Hok...I think. =D

Fave dance so far has been the bird and flower one between Hok and his partner...I also loved Shauna's contemporary solo...

I felt so bad for Jessie...I cried watching the results show...

And one more thought...I totally thought Travis should have won Season 2...His performances were breathtaking!

margaritamix, how fun! We both think so much alike! Is it b/c we're both from Maryland? LOL! I gave up on figuring out the unequal boy/girl situation after a while too! And as for my favorite dance so far this season, I agree with you about the bird and flower. It was unbelievable!

^ It's still even ladies...it doesn't matter how many ppl danced for their lives...they still only kicked off 1 girl and 1 guy. ;)

Loving this season btw...it's just been so unpredictable though!!!