So who is excited about SJP's new line Bitten??

Very good point--I buy most of my t-shirts from Target of all places. Fitted Mossimo. $7ish a pop. I buy like 10 at a time. I wear these things daily with jeans (Im lucky to have a job that allows me to do so) and can still dress them up for meetings with nice pants. And if they get funky shaped or fade, toss it to the pajama pile and pull out another. Im such a dork that I keep the backups in spacebags in my bottom drawer.

:shrugs:

Clake, I think you have nailed it with the distribution thing. Having the stuff all over Target et al could cover a multitude of sins, including the overall dissonance of the entire operation.

I don't guess we can know the terms of her agreement with Steve and whatever, but maybe they are thinking of just using her to jumstart their online sales, and then releasing the little birds to fly, fly to the big boxes after a Decent Interval.

The problem with that is that shipping costs are rapidly pricing the under $20 consumer completely out of the online shopping market, whether the clothes are SJP or Steve and Doodle house brand.

ROFLMAO @ the midwestern ladies :biggrin:

I went today and I bought 3 t-shirts and a black tube dress for my sister. I didn't want to get anything, but I drove an hour to S+B made me bought those items. I wasn't crazy about it. I don't really like the clothes that were on the floor thus far.

Im going on Tuesday to go check it out and buy me some vacation clothes. I dont care if "you get what u pay for"...im a student/mother/wife on a budget and i want to look good too! :-]]

Besides, all the extra money i save can keep going towards my Louis collection.

i went tonight and got the "fashion is not a luxury" tshirt. there were a couple of tanks that interested me but nothing that i don't already have really similar of from h&m or higher end stores. the quality is OK... same as old navy i guess. I wouldn't touch her shoes with a 10 foot pole though. I can just imagine the blisters already!

Okay, so I went last night and I was disappointed too. Quality was similar (maybe even less, in some cases) than Target. Fit was hit-or-miss - some items looked fine but a lot hung weird or oddly on the body. (Items run small - get a size larger than usual.) Materials were thin. I ended up getting a couple of t-shirts. I wasn't expecting a lot obviously, but I was expecting more than this. Designs were very basic - I was hoping for more trendy items mixed in. I'd rather spend my money at Forever 21. I'll probably still come back to check out the houndstooth coats when they come in though! :smile:

I finally got to Steve & Barry's today... and man, did I STOCK UP!!! :yahoo: The Bitten SJP stuff is GREAT, and the prices are even better! I got two girly tee's, a pair of pointy-toe white flats, and a ribbon necklace for about $35.00. If you're anywhere near one of these stores, I suggest you run there... You won't be disappointed! :tup:

i went with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. i like the cut on the tees and tanks. i grabbed some, including the grey one with "fashion is not a luxury" written on it in magenta- very cute! the font of the writting reminded me of stephen sprouse. the quality is quite mediocre, but what can you expect for less than $20. i plan on pairing them with higher end pieces. i think, it won't make it look as cheap.

I hit the Steve and Barry's near me and stocked up on a couple of things. The sizes definately run small because I got 4 t-shirts and they are all a medium. I got a pair of capri pants and a pair of grey silk looking pants. I liked some of the jewlery the best. I picked up a necklace, ring and a faux python looking bracelet that I kept getting compliments on. Overall not that bad. I know it's not going to last me a long time, but $87 for all those basic pieces works for me.