So, Where & How Did You Meet Him ?

bettiney said:
We're both chinese. Chinese parents have this thing about introducing their unmarried children to the unmarried children of friends or sometimes even to the umarried children of friends' friends (which was what happened in our case). We both hated having to go through with it. Didn't even want to show up but we both did. Ended up with each other and having both our parents to than for it.

Congratulations !! :love:

met him through a friend almost 7 yrs ago.. this was after I broke up with someone whom I swore I was going to marry.. so luckily, a good friend decided to introduce us to each other and then the rest is history.. at this time, I was living in SOCAL and he was in seattle but went to SOCAL for a visit...

I went to a party (that I wasn't interested in going to) with my brother and his wife. I had recently ended a terrible relationship, and they wanted to get me out of the house.

Carl was there--he was witty, interesting, attractive, and he followed me around all evening.

My brother and his wife left early, and would not let me leave with them, suggesting Carl give me a ride home. (They knew him well.)

Two years later, my two brothers walked me down the aisle when I married Carl. (Our Dad was killed a few years before.) I've learned to listen to my brothers!

OH MY GOODNESS, you know how to make a woman cry!!!! :crybaby::heart:

I used to hang out at the beach alot and I'd spend alot of time at a particular coffee shop that he would frequent as well. I never paid much attention to him but, he tried everything possible to get me to notice him for a month or so. When I finally did notice him, I thought he was weird and awkward. We both live in a small beach town and had mutual friends and he kept turing up at dinner gatherings, picnics, and other get togethers. He's a very talented guitar player and one night after about 2 months of ignoring him and his efforts, he was playing his guitar at a bonfire and I looked up and we made eye contact. BAM! Wowza!
How could I have not noticed him and those beautiful big brown eyes!!!:heart:
We've been together for almost 13 years and are happily married.
The end.

I met the love of my life in college. I was 19 and he was 21. I liked him and told my gf that I wanted to go with him. We started talking, went on our first day about a week later and have been together ever since, almost 13 years ago. He was so interesting and charming...he had a very nice tush too!! I still sigh when I think of him.

I Met My Boyfriend 4 Years Ago...he's My Best Friends Brother And Id Been Aroung Him Quite A Bit But It Was Never Any Thing Like That. He Had Been Dating A Girl That I Went To School (she Was A Couple Years Older Than Me) They Had Been Together For 4 Years And Then Broke Up... A Couple Months Later My Friend Called And Asked If I Would Be Intersted In Going To Dinner With Him...kind Of Weird At First...but I Did And We Fell In Love! I Cant Believe I Was Aroung Him Soo Much Before And Never Noticed Him Like That! (guess That Was The Non Homewrecker Instinct In Me) Lol Weve Been Together For 2 Years And Im Sooo Excited About The Years To Come!

Mine is almost embarrassing about the place we met! I don't typically meet guys in bars or clubs, and I had JUST broken up with a previous boyfriend and had no interest in meeting anyone else. I had gone with some friends to a (now closed) S&M club, but we weren't there for that sort of "business," but for a Dita Von Teese show! I just spied him across the room and thought he was hot and he saw me, and we just started talking and that was it! He even called me the very next day-- unbelievable! :love: Now it's 2.5 years later. :heart:

My story is like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, he was always there (in my backyard) I just didn't know it. Click your heels 3x...:smile:

A friend/co-worker thought we'd be great together and since we all volunteered for the same charity organization this was our common bond. We met, we talked, we dated, we married and live happily ever after.:love:

Hes my best friends boyfriends best friend lol so he was just kind of there. I started hanging out with my friend alot because I was going through a bad relationship/breakup and he was interested in my so he started hanging out there more as well. I kept putting him off because 1) I thought he wasnt my type and 2) I didnt want it to be a rebound relationship but eventually I gave in and I'm so glad I did. Oh and it turns out hes totally my type lol.

Haha. This is a REALLY OLD thread.. but neverless...

I was 16 and he was 21. We met in an online game. We hated each other and he always kill me on sight in the game. I totally HATE HIM!!! One day, a mutual gaming "friend" of ours borrow some online stuffs from him and I actually msged him to warn him about that "friend" as he's a fruad scammer! Since then, we chat a lot and started chatting over the phone.

One night, I was staying overnight at an indoor stadium ( queueing for some stupid concert overnight.. geez. ) and my shoes broke. I was msging him over the phone and he offered to come fetch me back home and back to the stadium. We met and the rest is story. We have been together since Jan 2003.... Shifted in together during July 2003 and got married last July :smile:
:yes: