So upset with myself right now

1. I purchased a Mezzo about a month ago. I love the bag and I am super careful with it. I went to Target today with my 3 1/2 year old son. He is autistic and started freaking out so I put my bag in the front of the cart, not looking because I was rushing to get him under control. When I went to pick it up after paying I realized that someone had left a baby wipe in the cart and I had set my purse right on top of it!!! Well now I have a pretty large area, 3x2 inches on the bottom of my bag that is warped. I am so upset but there is nothing I can do about it now.
  2. Oh no, I'm sorry that happened. Maybe it will dry just fine? *hugs*
  3. What do you mean, warped? Try stuffing the bag with a few towels to get the shape back and give it time to dry. Baby wipes on vachetta should not ruin the bag. I think that you will see a difference when it dries.
  4. once it dries im sure it will be fine :smile:

dont panic! If not we will think of a way to make it better again! x
  5. aww , im so sorry to hear that:crybaby:
  6. I should have described it differently. They are actually spots where the liquid from the wipe soaked into the leather and there are raised areas. It is almost completely dry and no change. I have just accepted that they are there. It is a purse after all and I didn't expect it to stay perfect forever but didn't quite expect this to happen.
  7. Aw, Im so sorry!

Best of luck!
  8. Wow, that sounds weird. What kind of "raised" areas? Now I'm thinking maybe there was something else ON the wipe. Because a baby wipe is more damp than liquidy and it should have just dried. If you've got raised patches on the leather then there must have been some other kind of chemical on there.
  9. Is there a stain from the baby wipes? If there is trying using Magic Eraser and then use a good leather conditioner
  10. Oh no. I sure hope some of the above suggestions can remedy the problem. I'm still pretty new and learning from others here on tPF.
    Best of luck to you!!!:smile:
  11. I'm sorry to hear that. Once you bag patina it should even out. What I don't understand is why you would have raised areas from a baby wipe?
  12. Have you tried using a hair dryer on the spots?
  13. oh i'm sorry to hear that :sad: baby wipe should be ok w/vachetta as many of us use to clean vachetta itself. The surface could appear dry while inner layers of vachetta still damp, hope everything work out fine it the end :flowers:
  14. aww that's no fun! I think it'd be a good idea to spray the vachetta with leather protectant to safeguard it from future stains (they're available pretty much everywhere, including car care stores, Wilson's leather, and Kenneth Cole).
  15. I think it will be OK.......if there's a spot there once it dries, use the magic eraser on it and then condition. Saddle soap will also help to blend the area.