So Scared, Getting Lasik Done On Thursday!

1. EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS, IM SO NERVOUS!!!!:sweatdrop: :cursing: :sweatdrop: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :crybaby:

2. Oh I'm so excited for you!!! I want to do it sooo badly. I have to wait until next year. I can't imagine how amazing it must be to wake up and see! I'm very very very very nearsighted and to make matters worse, I haven't been able to wear my contacts for over a year because my dry-eye is so severe - nothing works. I don't want to take meds for it either. So I'm stuck, rain or shine wearing these stupid glasses which I HATE. The glasses are cute, but it's like you can't really even appreciate my makeup or anything. At least I have that special polycarbonate plastic so I at least don't look like I'm wearing coke bottles on my head. I'm so wanting to hear how it goes!!!! The only thing that freaks me is that your eyes have to be propped open!!!! OMG!!!!! Soooooo freaky!!!!!!! How much are you paying, may I ask? I have a friend who's going to pay $4k for the procedure, and another who's paying $2500. Both are reputable people.

3. Guccigirl, you will be fine! Just think happy thoughts and try to sleep for as long as possible afterwards. You won't feel the pain right after the procedure because they numb your eyeballs, but prepared to feel like you have soap in your eyes for a few hours after. Then it will be great! I also had where my vision looked like there was sortof a white film over everything for a few days afterward, so don't worry if you have anything similar.

Good luck!

jchiara, unfortunately dry eyes would make you a bad candidate for lasik. I hope it improves for you.

4. Hmmm..."bad candidate" - no. Just did some research and I just need to get it treated first. I'm not going to let that deter me! :wtf:

5. right... of course if you get it treated, then you would no longer have dry eyes, and therefore it wouldn't be a problem for you.

6. Good luck gucci girl!!!
    I hope things go well, I bet you're all excited for the end result, I know I would be!

7. Best money I ever spent! You will love it!

8. no worries...everything will be fine...i had it done about 8 years ago and still seeing perfectly well...you can't feel anything during the procedure...but your eyes will sting a couple hours after...they just tear a lot...but then it's amazing! it's very liberating!

9. Good luck! Keep us posted! You'll do great, don't worry! :yes:

10. Best of luck to you! You will be thrilled once it is done. My DH kept putting it off and when he finally did it he said "Why didn't I do it sooner?"

11. Good luck!

12. Good luck dear! Keep us posted!! :biggrin:

13. Good luck. I hope everything goes ok. :smile:

14. Hope it all goes well, gucci girl:smile:

15. Lasik is fantastic! By now you are probably experiencing the miracle of sight!
    Let us know how you are...be vigilant with your drops and careful about rubbing your eyes. I was over the top...wore sunglasses everywhere and was afraid a dust speck might screw up the healing of the flap. Fortunately the flap heals so fast. What took a while for me was to remember I didnt have to put in contacts! I swear one month later, I would still stand in the bathroom after bushing teeth, face wash etc, and start to reach for my contacts and realize HEH I dont wear those anymore! Yea!!