So sad.....

1. I wasn't going to share because I generally don't visit the animal section very often...but decided I wanted to with some animal lovers....today we had to put down one of my 2 horses...my older mare...who has had a wonderful life...and in general the cold was too much for her (as we did wonder if she would make it through another winter earlier in the year)...and her older bones...she fell in her stall and could not get up on her own...was so sad....Mariah was her name...and we've owned her for 10 yrs. of her approximate 25 yr.+ life...she has been ridden some but not hard...enjoyed life in our back yard pasture with another horse and a few cows on occasion...has dealt with chickens and kittens...and has said hello to me every morning quite loudly as I went to let her and her companion outside...she was the queen of the barn though she let the younger, more trained mare think that SHE was (we both knew Mariah was queen though)...my other mare is so out of sorts...even the dog knew this morning and was upset...tomorrow will not be the same for the first time in so long...I know she's in a better place..and it was her time...but just sad...so sad...thanks for letting me share. The love of pets is a strong love just the same...

2. shoes, I'm so sorry to hear this. Mariah sounds like she was a wonderful girl.

3. thank you smallfry! Your dog is so cute! I still have the scarf I bought from you and it throws people off when I wear my SKULL scarf lol - and I love the shock effect! Thank you.....

4. I am so very sorry for your loss, Shoes! An animal is indeed a part of the family and losing them is heartbreaking. Take comfort in knowing Mariah is at peace. I wish you and your family all the best.

5. I'm so sorry to hear about Mariah--she sounds like a character! We had horses when I was growing up, and you get amazingly attached to them and they to you. You gave her a loving home for the last 10 years of her life--Bravo! She will be missed.

6. You did the right thing, Shoes! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

7. Oh gosh girls you are going to keep me in tears with your kind thoughts...thank you! It's good to think of the days with her...

8. Shoes, you already know how I feel and I just wanted to offer you my support and sympathy. Hugs to you, one of my sweetest cyberpals!

9. HG you are so kind to put that in your sig. for me....24, thanks again...appreciate you so much!

10. big hugs, shoes -- mariah was lucky to have you.

11. i can only echo the sentiments expressed here - indeed, mariah was lucky, and clearly so were you, as she obviously touched you and that is a very precious thing to experience. i'm glad she enjoyed the life and companionship you provided, and glad that you took care of her and have the memories. life is hard when it continues minus one, but i can see that your tomorrow, and the next days, are filled with many other pluses too.

12. I am so sorry for your loss ... ...

13. Sorry for your loss. I too have had to put horses and dogs down. It is the hardest but most loving thing you can do when it is their time. My thought are with you.

14. oh (((( Shoes )))) - I am sorry for your loss.

Mariah will be happy on the other side .. here's Rainbow Bridge. I love the poem there.

15. I'm so, so sorry to hear about your losing Mariah. I know how very devastating it can be to lose an animal we love.

It sounds like the time she spent with you was full of love and happiness--what an amazing gift you gave her!

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. Be kind to yourself. :heart: