So sad... question about black caviar leather.

Thanks lovensparkle, you're sweet! :smile: Yeah, and this has never happened to any of my bags before, so strange! The areas are small and not seen when the flap is closed, but regardless, it bothers me! :sad: I'm going to bring it to NM on Thursday and see what happens, cross your fingers for me! :smile:

Hi Minal, sorry that this happened... Chanel should really work on their quality control! If it is a fade then they probably have to re-dye the bag? Good luck with the repair :heart::yes:

Thanks lovensparkle, you're sweet! :smile: Yeah, and this has never happened to any of my bags before, so strange! The areas are small and not seen when the flap is closed, but regardless, it bothers me! :sad: I'm going to bring it to NM on Thursday and see what happens, cross your fingers for me! :smile:

I know how heartbreaking it is... I recently had a problem with my classic flap too, a loose stitch, and I'm yet to take the bag in for repair. I'm worried about how it will turn out, and certainly not happy with the quality after paying so much money :hrmm:

I'm crossing my fingers and my toes for you! ;) Please let us know how it goes!

Well.. in case anyone is interested... I took the bag to NM, and the Chanel manager basically said Chanel has been doing such a crappy job with repairs that they don't send bags out anymore?! :sad: She mentioned lambskin bags coming back messed up, etc., and was surprised the black caviar medium classic flap I brought in even showed the minor white spots it did (so was I)! Wow... you would think for the amount of money that we all spend, a company with as much money, manpower, and prestige as Chanel could do a repair, and not botch it upl! Anyway, she suggested a local leather repair shop near the Westchester mall (about an hour from me), which coincidentally is exactly where my boyfriend lives... so I'll give that a try I guess. :sad:

Well.. in case anyone is interested... I took the bag to NM, and the Chanel manager basically said Chanel has been doing such a crappy job with repairs that they don't send bags out anymore?! :sad: She mentioned lambskin bags coming back messed up, etc., and was surprised the black caviar medium classic flap I brought in even showed the minor white spots it did (so was I)! Wow... you would think for the amount of money that we all spend, a company with as much money, manpower, and prestige as Chanel could do a repair, and not botch it upl! Anyway, she suggested a local leather repair shop near the Westchester mall (about an hour from me), which coincidentally is exactly where my boyfriend lives... so I'll give that a try I guess. :sad:

:confused1: :wtf: Uh, has anyone else heard that before? She admitted that Chanel has been doing such a crappy job that every boutique isn't sending them out anymore or just yours??? That's just plain crazy! Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with this!!!!! Tell us how the leather repair shop goes? Keeping fingers x'd!

Yeah, that was my reaction too!!! :confused1::Push: I didn't ask her if other NM stores are doing the same, but apparently the NM at White Plains is not sending Chanels out for repairs according to the Chanel manager... insane! Thanks, I don't know when I'll be able to get the repair shop, but I'm going to make my boyfriend take me haha, since it's in his neck of the woods. I'll revive this thread whenever that is to let you all know that it was a success (which I really hope it will be)!!

:confused1: :wtf: Uh, has anyone else heard that before? She admitted that Chanel has been doing such a crappy job that every boutique isn't sending them out anymore or just yours??? That's just plain crazy! Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with this!!!!! Tell us how the leather repair shop goes? Keeping fingers x'd!

Good question, and it's one I really don't have an answer for (I wish I did)! When I told her I wanted to send my bag out, she basically said we (as in the NM I went to) don't do it anymore, and cited examples of how shoddy the workmanship has been on repairs to back up why they don't. I guess they don't want to assume liability for the botched repair jobs Chanel has apparently been doing, but I think they (NM) should be held responsible for a product they sold. She gave me the number of a place that apparently does good work, but they are in no way affiliated with Chanel... I hope I won't be paying an arm and a leg for a repair!:Push: I don't know what Saks, Chanel boutiques, and other NM stores would say in a similar situation.

So we're on our own when it comes to repairs? It is now our responsibility to pay for the repair? :confused1:

perfect example of why i am treasuring one of my many chanels, the only old one -- a 10 year old bag that is made like a total dream - although lambskin, looks like new, gold h/w still shiney.....etc

i think you should be given a new bag......but Chanel has become so cheap itself as a company (Coco forgive me but its true) that this prob won't happen...............

i hope you are treated very well re: the repair possibility

Good question, and it's one I really don't have an answer for (I wish I did)! When I told her I wanted to send my bag out, she basically said we (as in the NM I went to) don't do it anymore, and cited examples of how shoddy the workmanship has been on repairs to back up why they don't. I guess they don't want to assume liability for the botched repair jobs Chanel has apparently been doing, but I think they (NM) should be held responsible for a product they sold. She gave me the number of a place that apparently does good work, but they are in no way affiliated with Chanel... I hope I won't be paying an arm and a leg for a repair!:Push: I don't know what Saks, Chanel boutiques, and other NM stores would say in a similar situation.
If they know of a place that does good work, they should send the bag to that place for you.

What is happening to customer service these days?

Well, I agree, but I was hesitant to pursue that any further for two reasons. I was shocked about what she said, and I purchased this bag probably four years ago and assumed I would have to pay either way, since it is more than a year old.

If they know of a place that does good work, they should send the bag to that place for you.

What is happening to customer service these days?