So sad... Kayne West's mother passed away.

Warrant Out for Dr. Adams

6ye97p1.jpg

An L.A. County Superior Court judge has issued a warrant for Dr. Jan Adam's arrest, because he didn't show up for a hearing today.

Lori Ufondu sued Dr. Adams and won a judgment in excess of $100,000, after he left a sponge in her following surgery. Ufondu's lawyer told TMZ Dr. Adams hasn't paid.

Today, Dr. Adams was ordered to appear at 8:30 AM in San Pedro, Calif., for a "judgement debtor" examination hearing, in order to establish where he had assets. The doctor was a no show, and the judge issued a $30,000 civil warrant.

Dr. Adams operated on Kanye West's mom the day before she died.

***Damn this doctor is SHADY!

That doctor has been on countless plastic surgery shows including a show Oprah did. I always watched his show "Plastic Surgery, before and after". I bet Kanye's mom didn't do a lot of research because she probably figured he is well known and such.

There was another plastic surgeon that his mom went to who told her surgery wouldn't be a good idea for her.

I wonder how much research Dr Jan did on Kanye's mom like pre surgery tests before he operated on her.

Plastic surgery should not be taken lightly as so many people seem to think. Its a shame more people don't do research then end up disfigured or dead.

very good point.:tup:

Here you go

http://www.tmz.com/2007/11/16/dr-adams-allegedly-leaves-patient-butchered/

As far as being Board Certified, from what I understand, you don't need certification to practice medicine. You have to have a license, but don't need certification. Dr Ray is not certified for plastic surgery but he has a license as a medical doctor. Dr Ray and the other guy might be certified in other areas of medicine such as gynocology but not plastic surgery. You have to be certified in each area. They are not.

Also, anyone choosing a plastic surgeon off of a reality show should have their heads checked anyway! JMO

just wondering how can they not be board certified but have a lisence to practice???? don't you need board certification to practice..?
No, those are separate entities. Getting board certified is like having a certificate that states you meet the standards of the governing board to which you belong after passing their requirements, which usually means some type of exam and may include presenting surgical cases to the board. It is usually a very stringent program to pass. You don't even have to be board certified to do surgery. What benefit does this hold? It makes it easier to get hospital privileges, get on insurance panels, and, well, looks good in a court of law that you were competent to do the surgery.

Getting a license to practice medicine means that you passed the state's requirements to practice medicine.

I saw a report on TMZ, apparently Dr Jan isn't the only tv doc with a past, check out Dr 90210! Dr Ray nor the other guy is certified!

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1312359180

Yes, I seen this too. I always wondered about Dr. Rey? :confused1: There is something I don't like about the man. He seems like a crooked sales guy to me. I wouldn't trust him to cut me open.

I thought discovery health would have at least checked into this Dr. West's background. I thought they were a reputable health channel?? Makes you wonder. :confused1:

It's not so easy to research a doctor. The medical board does not list malpractice suits filed(in California) only ones that went to court and the doctor lost at trial. 99% of suits never go that far. A doctor may have several medical malpractice suits filed against them and one would never know unless they went to the courthouse in the county the doctor practices in and checked for filed malpractice suits. It is public information but its not something 99.9% of people even think about looking into. It should be mandated that the doctors supply this information to potential patients, but it is not.

Doctors have all the money and power and its really throwing the dice when having any type of surgery. There are lots of docs who should not be practicing that seem like they are good docs. And there are lots of good docs......its just really hard to know the difference when meeting them.

My opinion is surgery should not be had unless it is absolutely necessary. Many doctors take unnecessary risks at the expense of the patient. There is a TON of $$ in plastic surgery and these docs like living the high life.

Oh and any doc who has earned an MD can do any type of surgery they wish. They could take a weekend course on plastics and then deem themselves as experts in the field. Always best to check American Board of Medical Specialties http://www.abms.org/ to see what your doctor is certified in. And if you are seeking plastics they should be board certified in plastic surgery.

It's not so easy to research a doctor. The medical board does not list malpractice suits filed(in California) only ones that went to court and the doctor lost at trial. 99% of suits never go that far. A doctor may have several medical malpractice suits filed against them and one would never know unless they went to the courthouse in the county the doctor practices in and checked for filed malpractice suits. It should be mandated that the doctors supply this information to potential patients, but it is not.

Doctors have all the money and power and its really throwing the dice when having any type of surgery. There are lots of docs who should not be practicing that seem like they are good docs. And there are lots of good docs......its just really hard to know the difference when meeting them.

My opinion is surgery should not be had unless it is absolutely necessary. Many doctors take unnecessary risks at the expense of the patient. There is a TON of $$ in plastic surgery and these docs like living the high life.

Oh and any doc who has earned an MD can do any type of surgery they wish. They could take a weekend course on plastics and then deem themselves as experts in the field. Always best to check American Board of Medical Specialties http://www.abms.org/ to see what your doctor is certified in. And if you are seeking plastics they should be board certified in plastic surgery.

Your first statement is actually not true at all. Physicians are required to report any judgements against them that are valued at $30,000 or more. Also, there are many frivolous suits brought against physicians by unscrupulous lawyers trying to make a quick buck. Do you really think physicians need to report those also??? As far as claiming that "doctors have all the power and money", that makes me laugh. I am a physician, and I would love to figure out where "all my money and power" are exactly. I completely agree that there are plenty of good and bad physicians, as you will find in every single profession. The unfortunate thing is that there are doctors who allow themselves to be talked into things because that's what the patient demands. You would be surprised how many times I get screamed at and told "F*** You" to by patients who I refuse to do surgery on until they get medical clearance or I tell them I don't think they need a particular surgery. They then just go find someone else who will do what they want. (I am not a plastic surgeon by the way.) Your other statement that any MD can do any plastic surgery is also not true. Doctors don't just simply graduate medical school and then have a license to practice. To become a surgeon, you must go through residency, often 4-7+ years, depending on the specialty. If you simply meant anyone can practice cosmetic surgery, then I apologize. That statement is true. I was appalled because a family practitioner I know is suddenly starting cosmetic procedures. He hasn't had any surgical training at all. The wording is the key. "Plastic surgeons" are actual surgeons who have done extensive additional training in plastic surgery. "Plastic surgery" requires some sort of surgical training. "Cosmetic" procedures, you have no idea what sort of training those people have had. Some of them are not even doctors. Usually these are the places where you'll find cheaper costs, but greater risks. People simply must do extensive research and make sure the doctor you go to is board certified in plastic surgery. Unfortunately in our society, it's so image conscious that people want a quick fix, using whatever means necessary. Maybe the good that can come out of this tragedy is that more people will do better reseach before they put themselves under the knife.

Your first statement is actually not true at all. Physicians are required to report any judgements against them that are valued at $30,000 or more. Also, there are many frivolous suits brought against physicians by unscrupulous lawyers trying to make a quick buck. Do you really think physicians need to report those also??? As far as claiming that "doctors have all the power and money", that makes me laugh. I am a physician, and I would love to figure out where "all my money and power" are exactly. I completely agree that there are plenty of good and bad physicians, as you will find in every single profession. The unfortunate thing is that there are doctors who allow themselves to be talked into things because that's what the patient demands. You would be surprised how many times I get screamed at and told "F*** You" to by patients who I refuse to do surgery on until they get medical clearance or I tell them I don't think they need a particular surgery. They then just go find someone else who will do what they want. (I am not a plastic surgeon by the way.) Your other statement that any MD can do any plastic surgery is also not true. Doctors don't just simply graduate medical school and then have a license to practice. To become a surgeon, you must go through residency, often 4-7+ years, depending on the specialty. If you simply meant anyone can practice cosmetic surgery, then I apologize. That statement is true. I was appalled because a family practitioner I know is suddenly starting cosmetic procedures. He hasn't had any surgical training at all. The wording is the key. "Plastic surgeons" are actual surgeons who have done extensive additional training in plastic surgery. "Plastic surgery" requires some sort of surgical training. "Cosmetic" procedures, you have no idea what sort of training those people have had. Some of them are not even doctors. Usually these are the places where you'll find cheaper costs, but greater risks. People simply must do extensive research and make sure the doctor you go to is board certified in plastic surgery. Unfortunately in our society, it's so image conscious that people want a quick fix, using whatever means necessary. Maybe the good that can come out of this tragedy is that more people will do better reseach before they put themselves under the knife.

You are not exactly right. Any settled lawsuit over 29,999 gets reported to a national data bank but it is not published on record to the medical board. That is a fact. A doctor could have 500 lawsuits filed against him and if he never lost in court, a normal person would not be able to know about these lawsuits unless they went to the courthouse to check.

Yes, there are many frivolous lawsuits, but not so much in medical malpractice and especially ones related to plastic surgery. In California there is a 250,000 cap, meaning if a case went to trial and was awarded 1 million dollars, the most the plaintiff could collect would be 250,000. The cost of a trial, expert testimony etc. its not really worth it for attorneys to take on these types of cases because there isn't a lot of money for them. Juries tend not to be sympathetic towards people who have plastic surgery since it is elective and not medically necessary. Often times patients who were really screwed by their doctor have little or no recourse no matter what the situation is because attorneys just do not want to take on those type of cases. There are unscrupulous doctors is every specialty, but a lot more in plastics because the money is so great and they do not have to deal with insurance companies. While there are patients who will not always listen to a good doctor who turns them down for a procedure that is not necessary, there are also a lot of doctors who suggest things that a patient doesn't need for their own pure greed. It goes both ways.

And yes, it was my wording....anyone can practice cosmetic surgery if they are an MD. That's why it is always best to check to see what a doctor is board certified in, but it is very confusing as most people don't understand the difference between a cosmetic and plastic surgeon.