So nobody is watching the movie anymore?

1. Mon Jan 21, 9:45 AM

CANBERRA (Reuters) - Two in three Australian travelers are either members of the notorious Mile High Club or would like to be a member, a survey showed Monday.

Asked if they would consider a mid-air sexual encounter, almost half of 1,110 people surveyed wanted an adventure, while 12 percent already had mile-high membership wings.

"People are obviously looking for more stimulating entertainment than a movie or a CD when traveling by plane," global marketing manager Paul Fisher said.

A flight attendant for Australia's flag carrier Qantas was sacked last year after claiming to have had a tryst with actor Ralph Fiennes in a business class lavatory during a flight from Darwin to Mumbai.

Singapore Airlines last November asked passengers on its new super jumbo Airbus A380 aircraft, which had its maiden commercial flight from Singapore to Sydney, not to seek Mile High Club membership in first class cabins, which boast a double bed.

Fisher, whose company carried out the survey, said joining the Mile High Club was easier these days in a super jumbo, but urged travelers to be mindful of others within close cabin earshot if gripped by "Mile High madness."

(Reporting by Rob Taylor; Editing by Bill Tarrant)

2. Oh jeeeze. Thats kinda hot. I've that aussies are a randy bunch. Swedes too.
  3. O-kay....I would not want to have any kind of sexual encounter in the bathroom, except of course if the bathroom was mine :p.
  4. thank goodness i dont sit on public toliet seats.
  5. You know, I am not buying any of this. Sorry folks. Have you seen th size of airplane restrooms? Unless you are 2 little people, it aint happening. Now if we are talking about having sex while in your seat, then it is possible.:graucho: Now go out and make sure you ask for an extra blanket when you are cold on your next flight. :lol:
  6. ^^ Although THAT will make you wonder how often those blankets are washed? (And do you need one of those infared semen lights to check its cleanliness?)
  7. ^^^ Ewwww...............................bring your own blankets :nuts::graucho::graucho:
  8. I think that this sort of thing goes on more first and business class, have you seen the size of their toilets.... maybe even a threesome.

9. :nuts::nuts::nuts::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
    Tara , do tell!!!
  10. Oh I know that they don't clean them. Just like in hotel rooms they don't clean the comforters or sheets everyday nevermind the remote controls. The way to get a new things is to spill stuff on them like coffee and such. Then you get fresh linens. To me, airlines are more like germ-lines. Also with all the sick people coughing and sneezing on planes, you have a high % rate of getting ill. Here is an article to consider next time you want to go for the mile high club. Happy Flying!:sweatdrop:

Travel Can Flying Make You Sick?

The Wall Street Journal Online
    By Darren Everson

On an American Airlines flight last week from New York to Seattle, traveler Jim Sullivan noticed the flight attendants preparing to serve a meal. He grabbed a bottle of hand cleanser and began wiping down the tray table in front of him. "A flight attendant I know told me how filthy these things are," he says.

Indeed, at a time when airplanes are often packed to capacity with travelers from around the world, it's no wonder that travelers start to worry about their exposure to germs and disease. With headlines warning of bird flu and cruise-ship outbreaks, passengers are more nervous than ever about who -- and what -- is really sharing their seat space.

But surprisingly, travel health experts say airplanes typically don't pose any bigger health or germ exposure risk than any other public place. The best advice to stay healthy while flying: wash hands often and drink lots of bottled water. Here are answers to some common questions about the health risks of travel and what airlines are doing to battle germs on board.

Q: Can I catch an illness from the passenger sitting next to me or from germs left by a sick passenger on the flight before me?

Travelers can catch an illness just from being on a plane, but it's not likely, says Marlene Zuk, an evolutionary biologist at the University of California-Riverside who studies the interaction between diseases and their hosts. "They're more likely to catch something at work because they're coming in closer contact with their co-workers." And, just sitting in a seat that an ill person has been in isn't likely to get you sick. The human body is constantly bombarded with microbes, Dr. Zuk says, most of which the immune system fights off.

There is a risk to having spray particles land on you (such as from a sneeze), since they can enter your body if you wipe that area of your skin on your nose or eyes. Respiratory droplets can't penetrate your skin, though, Dr. Zuk says. Experts recommend carrying hand gels to clean your hands in case you can't use the restroom. If you're sitting next to someone who's sick, you can ask to be reseated. Several airlines say that if there's a seat available, they will reseat passengers upon request.

Q: How often do airlines clean their planes? What about pillows and blankets?

For the most part, only surface cleaning is done at the gate. American Airlines says that different work is done depending on the mileage flown and the ground time available, but that it mostly involves picking up trash, folding blankets and replenishing provisions. British Airways says that it cleans its seats, replaces the headrests and vacuums the floors, in addition to other measures after every flight. Northwest Airlines says its aircraft undergo an additional cleaning every night, which includes vacuuming, cleaning windows and wiping down bins and other surfaces.

Deep-cleaning -- a more intensive process that can include scrubbing the seats, cleaning the air vents and changing upholstery -- is done on a schedule that varies from airline to airline. In recent years, some airlines have lengthened their intervals. JetBlue Airways' deep-cleaning cycle is now every 30 days, which has been the industry standard; JetBlue's schedule used to be every 10 days. Austrian Airlines' intensive cleaning is every 90 days. US Airways' cycle is every 30 days.

Pillows and blankets can go just as long without being washed. ATA Airlines, which says that its deep-cleaning cycle is every 30 days, also says that blankets are cleaned every 30 days and as needed. US Airways says that its blankets are washed at least every five days regardless of condition. American replaces its pillow cases during its overnight cleaning and removes soiled or damaged blankets. One way to ensure that you're getting a clean blanket is to snare one that is wrapped in plastic: Most airlines say that means the blanket is either new or freshly washed. As for headphones, most airlines say they distribute only new ones. Again, though, the experts say the only significant risk with blankets is if they're soiled and if the germs enter your body.

Q: Is the water from the taps on planes safe?

In 2004, the Environmental Protection Agency tested the drinking water on 158 randomly selected passenger planes and found that 20 (12.7%) tested positive for total coliform bacteria. Since then multiple airlines agreed to improve the testing and disinfection. Still, the water from the tap in airplane bathrooms is effective for washing your hands but not intended for drinking, says Dr. Christie Reed, travelers' health team lead at the Centers for Disease Control. Airlines typically use bottled water for their beverage service, although those supplies have been known to run out.

Q: Is the air on airplanes safe?

Travelers worry about airplane air because it's often dry, because the environment is usually cramped, and because it seems that the germs released by passengers' coughs and sneezes have nowhere to go. But the air on planes is better than in most home and office environments, experts say, since it changes much more frequently. On most commercial planes, at least half of the air comes from outside the aircraft and passes through a high-efficiency particulate air, or HEPA, filter which removes contaminants.
  11. I agree with Hubba... just WHO can fit two people in one of those bathrooms? Even when I was skinny I could barely turn around in one, let alone have someone with me!

MUST be happening in first class.
  12. I can tell you that the First Class loos on the planes I have been on are not any bigger than those in economy....joining the mile high club is the furthest thing from my mind when squeezing in one.
  13. Well I don't know what happened to me but my DH wouldn't describe me as randy!
  14. Hubba, thank God for my Pashmina! I never use the blankets (I don't fly that often) but the one time I did need something I happened to have my Pashmina with me. That's just going to have to be my travel companion from now on.
  15. What about those seats that turn into beds on the Virgin Atlantic flights? Think of what you could do in THOSE! (Discretly, of course.)