So mad at LV right now..........

Well I called again this afternoon before class. I order 2 round coin purses and my cles (one round one for my BIL). They are being shipped out today.
So she tells me she will hold all the items until I can get confirmation from 866 about 3 per household vs. 3 per person.
She did say the reason why was because of the grey market.
In addition, I said "well I'm going to be in Chicago on the 7th can you hold them until then" She said that she can't hold them that long...but can pretty much guarantee they'll have everything because they got such a huge stock order of them. And then said that we could all walk in and buy as many as we wanted as walk ins. That sucks!
I then asked "well what if I just call another store and order". She said that the billing address & shipping address will raise a red flag....and it won't get shipped.
ARG! and on top of that./...when I placed the initial order I was going to get free shipping because it was over 2K...now I have to pay $10 for each shipment.
I'm still totally POed.
I think I am going to call the manager right now!

The sad thing is that even if they limit what you can buy so that resellers dont buy it out and jack up the prices, it doesnt really work. Check out ebay and see the jacked up prices on the groom items. Its robbery!

The sad thing is that even if they limit what you can buy so that resellers dont buy it out and jack up the prices, it doesnt really work. Check out ebay and see the jacked up prices on the groom items. Its robbery!

Lol I guess they always find ways around it but I think that way, LV feels that they've done their part to try to curb it. Once the pieces are out of their hands, whatever the buyer does with them is their business.

I hope everything does work out for you Twiggers! You really like the collection!
I :heart: my cles.
:love:

And then said that we could all walk in and buy as many as we wanted as walk ins.
I just don't get why they are so darn strict about the limit of the items you can buy but if you walk in to purchase, you can buy as many as you want?!! :Push: How is THAT gonna help them control whatever they are trying to control?! :shrugs: If I were you, I'll be darn mad too, it's creating so much trouble and making your life more difficult.

Hope the manager will make things work for you... ;)

Thanks everyone! The store doesn't open until 12 PM my time...so I'll be calling the manager.
I called 866 again last night and talked to a different girl and she said that there are ways around it....have a friend buy them and ship it out, etc.
I can see what they mean if I was buying 10 of the exact same item....but they're all different items!

Well here's an update:
Called Michigan Avenue store this morning and asked for manager. Well lo and behold...the manager was the person I was talking to all along (my normal SA only works weekends). She tells me that she can give me 3 more pieces under my name and CC. Then I ask her...."well if I come in on the 7th how many more can I get" she tells me NONE under my name or my BILs. So I took the next 3 most important pieces on my list.

Then I decide to call my old SA at Saks (for some reason I stopped buying there and going to the main store). He doesn't work there....but a really nice SA says he'll find a way around it and get me what I need. Only problem...they were missing one of the agendas. So I decide to call the Oakbrook store where the SA moved to. He's not working...the lady there tells me "2 per person limit". UGH
So I call Saks back and he takes my order for 3 pieces (and puts my name down for when the blue agenda comes in). He then calls me back and says he has a 2 item limit...but what he'll do is send 2 out now, and send the last one on Friday or Saturday.
He said that there is always a way around things....and that he understands that there are genuine collectors out there who want everything and why stop them.
So.....the Fedex guy will be my best friend over the next week LOL
It's going to take me awhile to get them all...but in the end they'll all be mine.

The end result....Michigan Avenue no longer gets my business. I'm going back to Saks!! They were willing to help me no matter what....and that is my definition of good customer service!!!!

Well here's an update:
Called Michigan Avenue store this morning and asked for manager. Well lo and behold...the manager was the person I was talking to all along (my normal SA only works weekends). She tells me that she can give me 3 more pieces under my name and CC. Then I ask her...."well if I come in on the 7th how many more can I get" she tells me NONE under my name or my BILs. So I took the next 3 most important pieces on my list.

Then I decide to call my old SA at Saks (for some reason I stopped buying there and going to the main store). He doesn't work there....but a really nice SA says he'll find a way around it and get me what I need. Only problem...they were missing one of the agendas. So I decide to call the Oakbrook store where the SA moved to. He's not working...the lady there tells me "2 per person limit". UGH
So I call Saks back and he takes my order for 3 pieces (and puts my name down for when the blue agenda comes in). He then calls me back and says he has a 2 item limit...but what he'll do is send 2 out now, and send the last one on Friday or Saturday.
He said that there is always a way around things....and that he understands that there are genuine collectors out there who want everything and why stop them.
So.....the Fedex guy will be my best friend over the next week LOL
It's going to take me awhile to get them all...but in the end they'll all be mine.

The end result....Michigan Avenue no longer gets my business. I'm going back to Saks!! They were willing to help me no matter what....and that is my definition of good customer service!!!!

OMG they are harsh. Orginally I thought it was the 866-VUITTON line but, it is the store where you spend your hard earned $$$$. That is bad for business. If you are on file why would they fear a grey market sort of thing...you are only buying one of each for your collection. Surely they must know that some people who can afford to are going to get the whole grooms collection. :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: What if you order some by phone...then go in person and pay cash..heck how do they know if some people go to the store more than once and pay cash for some more...I would file a complaint you are a valuable customer who is not being treated right. If you were Jessica Simpson (glad you are not...just an example) they would not pull this:wtf: bullsh*t!!!!

I :heart: Saks...glad to hear that they will treat you right:yahoo: !

LOL thanks Ama! It took a lot of calling around today! But I think the end result...is that it is NOT a national thing...so if you call a bunch of stores they won't have any clue and will ship the items out. I think it's the individual store that flags you....and even then someone can override it.