... So I went on my 2nd interview today...

1. ... as you all know for the last 3-4 months I have been looking or the right opportunity. I had passed on a few offers as they didn't feel "right". I went on an interview earlier this week for an account executive and recruiter position for a really well established company. The people there are fantastic but you definitely know that they work very hard - and that is the type of environment I like to be around.

I was told upfront that their main concern was my age (not in a rude way). I know the director was making sure I knew what I was getting into and not overwhelmed when I get there and feel as though I'm in way over my head. I know they're right though... Although I have good experiences for my age and a good work ethic, they feared that clients may not respect me.

Well, I went into my second interview today and met my (who would be) partner.

Well... they deliberated for a couple of minutes in between meeting the other account executives and by the end of the meeting...

I GOT THE JOB!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
  2. Congrats! Keep up posted on how it's going.
  3. Congratulations on the new job! Prove to them your age has nothing to do with your skills.
  4. That's exactly what I plan to do. I have a lot to prove and I am so excited that I have this opportunity to be surrounded by people who have extremely good track records who can teach me to be stronger!
  5. Congrats to you! I knew all along that you'd do great, especially since you have experience. Let us know how it goes! :flowers:
  6. Congrats on getting the job...best wishes!
  7. Congrats! That's so exciting to know on the spot, too!

May I ask what field this is in? Just curious that they would be concerned about age.
  8. Congrats! Just wondering too. is it because they think you are too young or too old? I'm assuming too young.
  9. OMG Yay!!!!!!!! :yahoo::wlae::tup: :woot: I was thinking about you today and was hoping you were kicking butt and taking names in your interview today!!!

10. That is GREAT!!! You obviously wowed them, so you'll do the same w/ your clients. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  11. They obviously believe in you and your abilities! Congratulations!
  12. awesome! I remember that feeling when I would get the job I wanted! How exciting and congrats!
  13. That's great news!!
    Glad to hear you got the job... best wishes!!
  14. They were concerned that I was too young (I'm 19, turning 20 next year). But I think when I open my mouth they realized that I'm mature and can take control of the situation.

I am now (hehehe I'm still giddy about it) an account executive and recruiter. So I deal with companies and their hiring needs and finding promising candidates. =)

I think the problem would be with those who will be interviewed by me. But I am here to consider them and see whether they fit my clients needs as well as if my client fits their personal desires.

I'm just so extremely excited. The director of the western division came in to see me today and after meeting with him for about 45minutes to an hour he said that he feels that with the right attention I will be the most successful executive in the building. I kind of laughed it off and said thanks but he was like "no. I mean it".

I just have a lot to prove right now and I'm just fighting all the time. =D I like it though!
  15. Congrats!!!