So I ordered a bronze stam

1. I don't know how it happened:shame:. I was just calling to ask about the fall bags and they had a bronze in stock and the next thing you know I'm whipping out my credit card and buying:unsure:. Now I have serious buyer's remorse. I NEVER buy bags I haven't seen b/c I am so anal-I have to see feel touch and try on to confirm my love. AND I'll only get store credit AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! What was I thinking??? I hope I really love it.

2. LMAO--that's MY story! That's exactly how my purchase went down. If it helps, the bag really is a site to behold. It's just so dang pretty and the color is so interesting. I haven't carried mine yet, but when I do I think it will actually turn heads like crazy. Someone described it as "vintage glam" and that's a perfect description. I adore the bag but am having trouble deciding if it fits into my everyday reality.

This is the last time I purchase from a boutique with an exchange-only policy! :shame:

3. I bet you will love it JJ! I purchased my putty over the phone via Neiman's, and I hadn't seen one in person yet. When I finally went to pick it up, it was gorgeous! No buyer's remorse for me. I so agree with the people who say it's vintage glam. It's really a beautiful bag. Enjoy!

4. Thanks Ladies- I hope I love it. I'm not sure it will be a versatile bag in that color? That is my dilema-There is no way I'm spending 1200 dollars on a "going out" bag. I want to be able to take it to the office and out to dinner and to a show etc. etc, etc, :worried: Oh well-it will arrive tomorrow and then we'll see. I may fall in love:love::love:.

5. Daisy-I saw your pics and at first I thought i'm not sure, but the more I saw it the more I liked it. The next thing you know-I'm waiting for the FEd Ex man:shame: Just love stams:love::love::love:. I really like the vintage glam cocnept. In the worst case scenario I'll sell it. My sis-in-law has a BEAUTIFUL white stam from NM (she posted pics of it on PF) and I was going to buy that from her:sad2:.

6. I saw the bronze Stam at MJ a couple of days ago and absolutely loved it! It is a great seasonless neutral that will go with so many things. It's one of my favorite of all the Stam colors. It's a beautiful bag--congrats!

7. JJ'S MAMA, any word yet? What do you think?

I have decided to keep mine. There's just no way I can let it go. :love:

8. I think the bronze stam will be just beautiful, I don't think you will be disappointed either. Marc makes nice handbags and honestly, the leather is soft, buttery and very glam. I honestly don't mind paying for his handbags. Just think you can start wearing the bronze now and into the fall/winter too!;)

9. Daisy-You have no idea what I've done. You won't believe how much trouble I've gotten myself into. Now I have 3 stams and can only keep 1 :sad:!!!. I received the bronze and liked it, but still wasn't sure. The color really is divine, but the BORING lining:sick: really bothers me. MJ really blew it with the lining. So my sister-in-law (who also posts on this forum) bought an 05 ivory stam with the red interior :love: and said I could buy hers if I wanted b/c as much as she loved it the color was too light. Of course, I still wasn't sure if that was the Stam for me-then I remembered reading on one of the threads that Barney's had a putty stam (with the sumptuous blue suede lining!!). So I called them up. Lo and behold-they still had it so I ordered that one too. UUUGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!! am I crazy:wacko::wacko::wacko: or what! All of this to find the perfect stam. The putty stam arrived yesterday and I just lined them all up to compare. I'm torn between the bronze and the putty. That darn lining!!! SO I haven't decided what I'm going to do. Can't keep all 3-hubby will kill me, but I don't know what to do. Really love the bronze color:love::love: butt he putty:love:is lovely as well.

Any advice for the crazy stam lady???

10. JJ's Mama, you are not crazy at all. I think Stam lovers consider you extremely lucky for being able to have all 3 at the same time for comparison. My favorite color is Ivory; I vote for Putty over Bronze. In addition to having the beautiful blue suede lining (preferred by most Stam lovers), its neutral color will go with a lot of outfits. Your hubby will be ok since you will be keeping one that you absolutely love. Let us know which color you end up keeping. -)

11. I totally feel your pain. I haven't actually seen the Putty in person so I can't speak with experience but I think that would be a nice middle ground for you. The bronze is SO freaking gorgeous but it's not an everyday bag (for me). I have my black one that I use more for everyday. The bronze is so special, much like a "trophy bag" if you will :lol: that MUST remain in my collection. Not that it was hard to get but it's so unusual. Do you see the Stam as a bag you'll carry a lot? If so, I'd say putty. If you just want to whip her out now and then to make a point, then bronze. lol

Good luck with that!