So hard to downsize!

1. Does anyone else here have trouble downsizing their collection? I'm moving back to Canada soon from the States and would like to downsize my collection - only I am having the hardest time deciding which to get rid of! If any of you could give me some suggestions I would be very very grateful!

This is my collection (I know, I know, way too many bags but I also share these with my mom!!):
    Chloe - Metallic Bleu Nuit Front Pocket Paddy
    Chloe - Black Python Silverado
    Chloe - Muscade Python Silverado
    Chloe - Whiskey Python Silverado
    Chloe - Gold Python Silverado
    Chloe - Red Paddington Hobo
    Chloe - Black Medium Silverado
    Chloe - Black Chain Betty
    Chloe - Cream Large Betty Satchel
    Chloe - Chestnut Ava Satchel
    Chloe - Taupe Paddington
    Balenciaga - Tomato City
    LV - Damier Azur Speedy 30
    Gryson - Nylon Black Olivia
    RM - Chocolate Nikki Hobo
    RM - Black MAM with Black Basketweave
    YSL - Bronze Horsehair Muse
    Be&D - Woven Garbo Satchel in Chocolate

Thanks in advance!!

2. Good Go! I don't know where you would start...but I would hate to get rid of any. How many do you want to have left? Like 7-8? Maybe try to keep like one black, one red, etc. Or one from each designer? As well of course the ones you use the most and are your favorites but let us know what you choose! Good luck!

3. I agree with the color idea. For instance, the whiskey silverado has got to be really similar to the muscade - do you REALLY need both? Also, try putting a bag to the side for a month or two. If you find that you don't notice the fact that it's gone, maybe it's time to let it go.

4. Thanks for the suggestions - I agree that I should choose by color..the only problem is that me and my mom are both attached to different bags!
    Also, I find myself making excuses like "it's ok to have more than 1 black bag because the RM MAM has gold hardware vs. the silver hardware on my Silverado!"
    I would like to sell the Gryson, but then again, it makes a good bad weather bag since it isn't leather...ooo so many decisions!
    I think I am just looking to downsize by about 5 bags right now..not too many..I wouldn't be able to let them go :crybaby:
    Also, my mom and I both have a metallic bleu nuit (the EXACT same bag) we both got it from LVR...but they were our very first designer bags..so it is hard to sell..I wanted to sell my mom's but her metallic is rubbing off a bit..mine doesn't have that problem, but I don't want to sell it because my leather is a lot smoother than hers..hers is very pebbly..

5. Actually, maybe I have the wrong color name...one of them is muscade (a hazelnut sort of color), and the other is like snake skin patterned? it's got beige and brown in it..I don't know how to describe it!

6. I have the same problem ... I know I should downsize but I just love my bags too much! LOL Like someone already mentioned, pick out the ones that you absolutely love and then work it out from there;)

7. Why not just pass your bags to your mom? That way, you still get to visit your bags when you come back to the states to visit your mom...

Or is the entire family moving, and you all have to downsize?

8. Hmmm, by any chance do you like Chloe? :p

Okay, getting serious! If it were me, I'd get rid of the BE&D. the YSL, the black python Silverado, the black chain Betty, the gold python Silverado, and the Muscade python Silverado.

Non-negotiable must-haves for me (in your list) are the

black MAM with basketweave (Very functional day to night bag)
    Nikki Hobo in Chocolate (Cute basic brown hobo that will go with everything)
    Gryson Olivia (Versatility exemplified! A great all-around bag)
    Chloe Red Paddington (Red. Chloe. Gorgeous. Inimitable)

9. my sentiments exactly!

Good luck! but I like everyone's advice... first rule out the ones u love the most/the must-haves... then eliminate one by one comparing w/ others... can u part w/ the horsehair muse? Only bec. I think that one will be high maintenance and perhaps one that you will always worry about maintaining/taking care of... I would also eliminate at least one chloe silverado and chloe padlock... So that 's three and two more to go...

10. I'm not a Chloe girl so I have no idea which is which (mostly Balenciaga, LV and Chanel in my closet), but i have managed to downsize my collection recently:smile: I suggest first letting go of bags you haven't used in the last month or two. Then look at the ones that you would use for similar outfits and pick one over the other. It's tough to start, but once you do, it gets a lot easier:smile: Also have a ball park number so you have a goal - I think 8-10 sounds good, but you should decide depending on your lifestyle. Good luck!