So excited!!!

1. I've been designing (just drawing, though) clothes for about half a year now and decided its time to make something. For the past three months I've been figuring out what I want to make, starting as a purple and white striped dress into a black and white striped dress and then a black and purple dress. :biggrin: The black and purple is the final version. I painted a picture of it in watercolors, and then today I went to go buy fabric. I found EXACTLY what I wanted, and got all the fabric, needles, and thread for under fifteen bucks :nuts:

Anyway, I'm about to start cutting and sewing and hemming! This will be the first thing I've ever sewn and its all going to be done by hand so this is a pretty big thing for me :biggrin:

I'll post pictures of the watercolor version of the dress as soon as my camera battery charges and pictures of the real version of the dress as I'm making it! Sort of a picture diary :p

So I'm very excited and just thought I'd share!

2. that sounds nice , goodluck! :jammin:

3. That's great! I'd love to see pics as your making it.

4. Sounds great! I can't wait to see the finished product.

5. I love the design! Good luck on your dress!! And keep posting up more pics as the dress comes along!

6. Thanks everyone :smile:

7. Does anyone have advice on making a fitted tube dress? :confused1:

8. Ooooh very nice :biggrin: Can't wait to see the dress! wishing you the best of luck!

9. Thanks :biggrin:

Okay, its not going to be sewn as a tube dress. Now I'm working on making a pattern. I think I have it, but I'm not sure if I should make the front piece identical to the back piece or not.

10. I made my pattern for the main dress (as in, without the ribbons or tulle) and tested it out on some smelly old plaid fabric. It looks (the shape, anyway :p its an ugly plaid) and fits great!

Tomorrow I'll cut, pin, and sew the real fabric :nuts:

Pictures soon!

11. hey! i do do my own drawings as well. recently, i gave my sketches to this shop here in london, and they loved it.. but i told them that i'm still in college and doing my 'A's... so i can't exactly produce pieces yet..

12. oooh that's awesome news elli :biggrin: !

13. ooh cool vogue! thats great they liked your stuff :biggrin: I can't really produce things to sell either, just things for me to wear, since I'm not even going to be in high school for another year :biggrin:

Thanks cat_inluv :biggrin: :smile: I just got done doing six hours of yardwork and I'm ready to start working today. I realized that I forgot to do things with the pattern and test dress, like make the curve at the top in the front and cut out part of the back (its a pretty much backless dress, with tulle criss-crossed over it) so I'm going to cut those parts into the test dress and then put them into the pattern and re-cut it out. Whew!

14. Okay, I just cut those parts into my test dress and I don't like them. Its pinning to real fabric time!!! -bites nails-