So disappointed! My first MJ bag came defective...

1. I got my classic hobo, and now I am getting ready to return it. I am so sad. It was absolutely gorgeous! However, the folded over leather that attaches the buckle piece to the shoulder strap was missing stitches and coming apart! Everything about the bag was perfect except that one thing...
    I don't even think I can get an exchange, because the bag is no longer on Bloomies' website. I guess I'll have to find something else...
    Sorry to rant here, but I need a hug right now... :crybaby:

2. So sorry:crybaby:Things like that are not supposed to happen!

3. :sad: sorry to hear that.. that really stinks.

4. I'm sorry it didn't work out. :sad: Good luck finding another MJ bag.

5. call customer service and see if they can track down the bag at a bloomies store.

6. How disappointing!! I hope you are able to find a perfect MJ bag soon!

7. That's terrible! I wonder if that's why it's been listed on the Bloomies website so often... it's been there for a while, people must keep returning the same bag. I would contact CS and have them resolve it. If you want to keep the bag, you could probably contact the MJ website and have them initiate a repair order.

8. Thanks guys for the sympathetic ear. I noticed that it was no longer on Bloomies' site today. You would think that they would stop putting it up if it kept coming back to them. I already sent it back to them. I am just going to get my refund and look for something else.
    My mom asked me why I didn't look into getting it repaired, but I don't feel I should have to seek out repairs for a new bag.
    This experience has not soured me on MJ bags. Before I discovered the defect, I was madly in love! The bag was more beautiful in person than I could ever have imagined. In the past, bags I have bought online didn't look as good in person, but this one looked 1000 times better.

9. Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear about this. What's worse is that it was your first MJ bag and you were so excited about it.

I agree with you about not trying to get it repaired. A new bag shouldn't need repairs!

Do you have any outlets near you? Neiman Marcus Last Call and Off Saks 5th have always been good for me for finding MJ bags at a lower cost. Yes, the bags are from earlier seasons, but you can find some classics like the Multipockets.

Good luck in finding your first perfect MJ bag. I'm glad this experience didn't sour you completely!

10. ^^^ Unfortunately for me, I live in the vast wasteland that is Wisconsin. If I want anything higher end than Coach or Dooney, I have to drive to Illinois or order online.
    I am thinking about getting an LV Neverfull PM. That was another bag I wanted, and the price is about the same as what I paid with shipping for the Classic Hobo. Elux is having free shipping right now...so tempted.

11. Well, I did it. I ordered the Neverfull PM! Hopefully, this one will come in perfect condition! Thanks for letting me vent a little and thanks for your kind words. :flowers:

12. ^^The Neverfull is a cute bag - congrats! I hope you still get a MJ bag in the near future. There's always the good sales toward the end of the year. Enjoy your new LV!

13. Sorry to hear about your MJ bag, but congrats on the Neverfull!!

14. How disappointing. I know what that's like too. Same kind of thing happened w/ one of of Chanels. Anyway, better luck w/ your Neverfull! :wlae:

15. I'm so sorry to hear about this! I hope you are able to find another one that is absolutely perfect! I totally understand how you feel, one of my MJ bags' strap broke and I'm still heartbroken! I don't think our defects are the norm for MJ bags at all, I'm glad this doesn't sour you for MJ! =) Lotsa hugs!!