SNS Nail System????!!!!

Got my first SNS nails a few days ago. The nails feel really strong (my natural nails are short and very weak) and I hope they last like gel nails. However, I'm concerned about removal, I will see in a few weeks how it goes. While they look great, I am not buying any of the health claims.

Got my first SNS nails a few days ago. The nails feel really strong (my natural nails are short and very weak) and I hope they last like gel nails. However, I'm concerned about removal, I will see in a few weeks how it goes. While they look great, I am not buying any of the health claims.
I've been using SNS or ANC going on a year now and I can tell you the health claims are 100% true. Nails much stronger, healthier and grow much faster. I will never go back to gel after using SNS or ANC. The removal is just soaking and rubbing the nails against a paper towel while soaking, very easy and quick and not as harsh as gel removal.

I've been using SNS or ANC going on a year now and I can tell you the health claims are 100% true. Nails much stronger, healthier and grow much faster. I will never go back to gel after using SNS or ANC. The removal is just soaking and rubbing the nails against a paper towel while soaking, very easy and quick and not as harsh as gel removal.

That's awesome, I'm looking forward to the health benefits! :biggrin:

They feel so strong with this stuff on them.

I just did this for the first time, they lasted about 3 weeks and frankly I was tired of maintenance with nails, so I decided to take them off myself and go natural for a while. I took them off the same way you would take off regular acrylics. I soaked them in the foil packets, the stuff came off easily but my nails are ruined. I have very strong nails and they very rarely break, let me tell you I have 3 broken on my right hand that are all the way down to my skin. I have had to trim all my nails down to beyond short and they are paper thin and fragile as can be. This system did not work for me and I won't be doing it again.

Does anyone do their own dip, SNS nails at home?
Yes I do! But I don't use SNS specifically and I don't use it in the way you're conventionally meant to. I actually do my own gel extensions at home. So what I do is make a nudie-pink-sparkly mix out of ProDip powders. Once I finish making the extension, I put one a layer of clear base/builder and then sprinkle the dip powder mix on top before I cure the gel in a lamp. I do this twice, buff and then put a top coat.
I find this works the best if I do the extension really nicely first which means I buff less later. The gel also makes it easier to get a nice smooth shape and a good apex.

The gel I use is a really inexpensive one in a bottle because it's hard to get gel here in Australia unless you're a professional. I'm thinking of giving the Madam Glam gel builder in a bottle a try next.

Reactions: Tracy
I just did this for the first time, they lasted about 3 weeks and frankly I was tired of maintenance with nails, so I decided to take them off myself and go natural for a while. I took them off the same way you would take off regular acrylics. I soaked them in the foil packets, the stuff came off easily but my nails are ruined. I have very strong nails and they very rarely break, let me tell you I have 3 broken on my right hand that are all the way down to my skin. I have had to trim all my nails down to beyond short and they are paper thin and fragile as can be. This system did not work for me and I won't be doing it again.
I thought I was the only one this happened to!
Exactly my experience, I ended up soaking them off, then I saw my nails were very thin and weak. Four nails broke.
What I don't get is when my nails were wrapped in silk and I used to get a glue manicure every 3-4 weeks, my nails were strong. Meaning once I soaked the powder and glue off, none of my nails broke. Then she would give me new silk wraps. The only reason I changed to SNS was because she kept saying no one gets silk wraps anymore Everyone is doing SNS because it's healthier for your nails.
Well not the case with me, my nails broke once I removed the SNS. I mean broken underneath where you basically have to cut them down.
I think I want to go back to silk wrapped nails. They are my own nail wrapped in silk then they put pink glue with little powder. But I loved them and never had issues with broken nails.