sniping -- love it or hate it?

I don't use any software to snipe, and I never will. I am usually on my computer in the last few minutes, so I do it myself. It's nerve-wracking, though! I honestly don't think it's fair to get software to do it for you, because you're supposed to be on your computer to bid. I know a lot of people can't be on, and that if you set your bid in before the last few minutes, the price will go up. But I simply hope that the auction will end at a time I can be on my computer. And then I place the bid in the last 20 seconds or so. It's sort of fun doing it, but also frustrating when I lose to someone else doing it!! LOL

I'm sorry, please don't bash me for this, as I know a lot of people here do it. I don't mean to say that anyone doing it is completely wrong, but just that I myself would never do it. It seems unfair, but that's just my opinion.

Sniping is a part of ebay It simply last minute. Seconds bidding...I know people get angry when there the once sniped however I wish everyone would just wait till the end , But I really hate when the bidding war starts and it s days away till it sells, However if I'm the seller, go for it. There's always a seller who would like it to sell for more.

I snipe the old fashioned way. I'm home wait till time and last minute bid, then I'm there to pay right way if I win and if not well, then back to the drawing board. I guess. I lost things I love and things I probably didn't need anyway.

WOW! That is crazy! I have never heard of this before, but now it makes sense why I am the high bidder on an auction for the longest time, then literally in the last 10 seconds or so, I am outbid by ALOT!
I am going to look into this justsnipe thing...It sounds pretty cool!
:nuts:

Petite.. look at it this way, is it fair that some people have faster DSL/Cable connections than phone? I used to live in a rural area and I could literally go all the way out to the end of my driveway, get my mail, come back and sit down and the page would still be loading... the ONLY option I had was satelite which is frankly a ridculous amount even at this day and age. Hence, I sort of had to look at other bidding options.

Yes, there are certain snipers that you can set to as low as 1 second etc... you chose, but the caution you. Mine is set to 4 seconds, that's just my preference. I have lost auctions too, even using the sniper. It just helps me to not get in a bidding war and lose my mind and overspend what I really should have spent.

I use Justsnipe because I am really bad with competition-I end up going higher than I wanted to just because I hate to lose. It helped me stay on budget.

eh i have mixed feelings i have used them once or twice and it has always worked out for me and i was very happy to win the items i did BUT I dont like giving out my ebay name and password to the services, i always feel like i have to chance my password after i snipe and i did it twice and started running out of password ideas haha and forgetting what it was

so ive decided not to use them unless its something i couldnt live without because i dont like giving my password to anyone,,, AND it sort of takes the fun out of it :smile:

i love it! i´m using jbidwatcher, and it´s absolutely fantastic, no need to sit at the computer until the end of the auction. plus, it is always a good way to get an item for a smaller amount as if you would bid from the beginning! but i can imagine it´s awful for sellers.

Hmm, I didn't know there were such services online. Once in a while, I'll try to snipe manually, but it almost gives me an anxiety attack counting down the seconds and hoping my internet doesn't freeze on me! I'll have to try justsnipe...