Snappy Comebacks To Those "IRL" Questions?

Only friends have asked me because they can't tell the difference. But like John5 I think I'd just say "um....yeah" and walk quickly (but tactfully) away. I can only think of snappy comebacks 5 mins after the altercation!

Kinda related: I once asked my friend if her designer jeans were real because I love that brand and was genuinely curious (Didn't think about how it would make her feel, I was just excited seeing them). I think she was offended :Push: So there you go, people who ask you those questions just aren't using their brains :P

I have said, "i don't carry fakes" too .....but once I said "last I looked they weren't selling fakes at the LV boutique in Boston." (that was to my mother in law!!!)

By the way Ichelle...I love your new avatar!

there was this wierd girl who kept on asking me if my bag was "authentic"
so i looked at her really stonefaced, and said (i got this from amamxr) "are YOU authentic?"
lol. she kinda just walked away.

I got asked this question a couple days ago in a rather seedy mall nearby, and I kind of looked dumbfounded for a minute. The woman (we were at a bookstore) then repeated "Is that a real Louis?"....I looked at her and in my most dense South Asian fashion asked "What is er, Louis?"

She was with another woman and they looked at each other (both of them dressed in extra tight jeans and skimpy tops and loads of faded large chain necklaces and big hoop earrings with names inside the hoop...). Then she made a sort of "she's dumb" gesture towards me at the other woman and went off...Probably thought that I had no fashion sense whatsoever and did not know who the heck "louis" was...

I get a strange sense of satisfaction from such encounters...

I got asked this question a couple days ago in a rather seedy mall nearby, and I kind of looked dumbfounded for a minute. The woman (we were at a bookstore) then repeated "Is that a real Louis?"....I looked at her and in my most dense South Asian fashion asked "What is er, Louis?" She was with another woman and they looked at each other (both of them dressed in extra tight jeans and skimpy tops and loads of faded large chain necklaces and big hoop earrings with names inside the hoop...). Then she made a sort of "she's dumb" gesture towards me at the other woman and went off...Probably thought that I had no fashion sense whatsoever and did not know who the heck "louis" was...

I get a strange sense of satisfaction from such encounters...

Merika, did you also speak with an Indian accent? I'll have to try that next time. Only one idiot has ever asked me that question (evil former co-worker) and people on the street usually just stare, but never ask. But I'm also a person who will happily declare my bag to be a fake if it keeps me from being mugged.

I have noticed on the subway, though, that the newer the vachetta looks, the more comments/stares it receives. Once a nice patina has been achieved, it's almost like it blends in with the person carrying the bag.

In any case, this is why I have so much epi. The folks I encounter on a regular basis can tell it's a very nice bag, but not what it is.