snapping/breaking Louboutin heels? (speaking of DRAMA)

@ heiress-ox & hunniesochic: long story short, they told me my only option was to have the price returned to my card (as if i were to expect any less?)

The SA also made the comment: "Well at least you're going to NY this weekend.. and if you don't find something there, you're not looking hard enough."

I'm having the same anxiety. For whatever reason, I have had FIVE pairs "crack" mid-shaft on one heel.

I'm set to send my black patent & black suede VPs into Leather Spa for repair, but I'm really reluctant to wear some of my CLs, because I'm very afraid of them breaking!

Also, I contacted Saks (where I purchased my black suede VPs, and black kid Pigalle 100s--both of which broke), and they would do nothing for me.

I am the owner of 15 pairs of Louboutins and I have had several heels "crack" on me. I have had to have both heels of my New Simple repaired due to the heel cracking right in the middle of the heel, on separate occassions; one heel on my Lady Gres had to be repaired; and two heels from different shoes whose names I can't recall. And now, this morning, the left heel of a pair in which I had the right heel repaired, just cracked! While I was walking to the ladies room at work, on carpet!! I hate to say it, but I really think I am done with Louboutins. I do not have this problem with my Manolo's, my YSL's, my Jimmy Choo's, or any other brand shoe that I own. Only Louboutins. Beware ladies!

I have two pairs of CLs that have a thin heel: lace fifis and satin chiaras. Now I'm afraid to wear them unless it's just to sit down for dinner. Argh, and I wanted to wear the lace fifis to a wedding, but no way will I try to dance in them if they snap on me while I'm on the dance floor =(

I have other pairs, and thankfully no problems with any heels snapping at all in my 5 years of owning CLs. But I will not be buying any thin heels anymore.

Ladies, I'm looking to expand my modest CL collection and in reading some of the CL postings here there have been several complaints about heels on certain CL styles breaking, snapping, separating from shoe, etc (simples, fifi, vp's). That's happened many times with my cheaper "non-cl" heels. But curiously I've never read, heard or seen heels breaking on "so kates" and "Pogalle 120's" and those are very high delicate skinny heels!!! Has anyone ever specifically broken the heel on a 'so kate' or 'pigalle 120'? are they just a stronger heel? I'm leaning toward 'so kate' for next pair!

Ladies, I'm looking to expand my modest CL collection and in reading some of the CL postings here there have been several complaints about heels on certain CL styles breaking, snapping, separating from shoe, etc (simples, fifi, vp's). That's happened many times with my cheaper "non-cl" heels. But curiously I've never read, heard or seen heels breaking on "so kates" and "Pogalle 120's" and those are very high delicate skinny heels!!! Has anyone ever specifically broken the heel on a 'so kate' or 'pigalle 120'? are they just a stronger heel? I'm leaning toward 'so kate' for next pair!

The heel breakage phenomena is news to me! I only wear my 120's indoors (Pigalle 120, Love Me 120, Hot Chick 130, Tasha, etc), the most I ever got was the

black-sparkle Love Me 120 "mesh" coming unglued off the heel! That was a real bummer, I can fix it myself. However, it left me with the impression some of the

"push the limits, can exceed the limits"

means that Louboutin could be pushing it too far! They haven't been wear-tested sufficiently, so the "early adopters" (1st buyers = guinea pigs) could be inadvertent beta-testers! In which case, most definitely an "adjustment" needs to be made. At least paid repair, if not replacement (new shoe). Worst case, there could be class-action lawsuit. Like automotive recalls (defective parts) -- replacement no-charge.

The heel breakage phenomena is news to me! I only wear my 120's indoors (Pigalle 120, Love Me 120, Hot Chick 130, Tasha, etc), the most I ever got was the

black-sparkle Love Me 120 "mesh" coming unglued off the heel! That was a real bummer, I can fix it myself. However, it left me with the impression some of the

"push the limits, can exceed the limits"

means that Louboutin could be pushing it too far! They haven't been wear-tested sufficiently, so the "early adopters" (1st buyers = guinea pigs) could be inadvertent beta-testers! In which case, most definitely an "adjustment" needs to be made. At least paid repair, if not replacement (new shoe). Worst case, there could be class-action lawsuit. Like automotive recalls (defective parts) -- replacement no-charge.

Not sure if you noticed 'Unbreakable Louboutin' thread but I'm curious why I never hear or read about heels snapping or breaking on So Kates and Pigalle 120's! Are they just better made? You sound like a Pro with the higher heels! Just curious have you ever known about heels breaking / snapping on So Kates or Pigalle 120"s?

Not sure if you noticed 'Unbreakable Louboutin' thread but I'm curious why I never hear or read about heels snapping or breaking on So Kates and Pigalle 120's! Are they just better made? You sound like a Pro with the higher heels! Just curious have you ever known about heels breaking / snapping on So Kates or Pigalle 120"s?

Never heard of any! My theory is that Louboutin is "slipping" in terms of QA (Quality Assurance). I think the pressure of demand is resulting in "rushed production", and consequent issues (other reports of "peeling", heel breakage, etc).

Yes, I'm a "pro"..a couple of well-dressed women standing next to me in line -- complimented me saying "you're a real expert in those heels!". I'm like Stilly, I'm a "natural" for 5" heels -- we can pull off the "leggy high heeled look"!

I'm 5'10" around 170 (ashamed to admit I need to lose weight!), if they were fragile I woulda broken them by now! However, I don't wear them for LONG periods, or extensive walking. THAT might explain the non-breakage. However, my black-patent Pigalle 120 (my FIRST Loubie ever) shows some pretty good wear (bottom sole)..but it's held up like a champ! The heel tips wore down to nothing, I had just had them re-done by cobbler.

Stilly's AMAZING THREAD has gotten me to wear'em out-and-about recently. I got some INCREDIBLE compliments on the Hot Chick 130, prompting me to wear them again! Mostly wearing'em while sitting, feeling pretty.

Never heard of any! My theory is that Louboutin is "slipping" in terms of QA (Quality Assurance). I think the pressure of demand is resulting in "rushed production", and consequent issues (other reports of "peeling", heel breakage, etc).

Yes, I'm a "pro"..a couple of well-dressed women standing next to me in line -- complimented me saying "you're a real expert in those heels!". I'm like Stilly, I'm a "natural" for 5" heels -- we can pull off the "leggy high heeled look"!

I'm 5'10" around 170 (ashamed to admit I need to lose weight!), if they were fragile I woulda broken them by now! However, I don't wear them for LONG periods, or extensive walking. THAT might explain the non-breakage. However, my black-patent Pigalle 120 (my FIRST Loubie ever) shows some pretty good wear (bottom sole)..but it's held up like a champ! The heel tips wore down to nothing, I had just had them re-done by cobbler.

Stilly's AMAZING THREAD has gotten me to wear'em out-and-about recently. I got some INCREDIBLE compliments on the Hot Chick 130, prompting me to wear them again! Mostly wearing'em while sitting, feeling pretty.
Thx! My first Loubie was same as yours--Pigalle 120 black patent--that's what got me hooked!

Thx! My first Loubie was same as yours--Pigalle 120 black patent--that's what got me hooked!

Same here.

I was "dead in the water" in terms of 5" heels, using my reliable Bus Palladium (Made in Italy, leather upper/lower) since 1984! Life got BORING. same old, same old.

Then Pamela Anderson (she gets a lot of flak, but she's kind hearted..PETA supporter) shows up on Jay Leno show rocking the black-patent Pigalle 120! OMG, I never saw such a sexy shoe! It EXCEEDS above Bus Palladium, in terms of short-toe and low-cut vamp (toe cleavage). I went to Beverly Hills CL boutique to check them out. I tried'ed on, got my size. Then ordered them from LV boutique, the straight-heel version. Later on, I made a size adjustment and went FULL size bigger! (on advice of SA). They have been my old reliable ever since! I then got some used (EXC condition) Pigalle 120s on Ebay, older sculptured heel. Brown leopard, blue leopard. I then got a purple patent Pigalle 120 (Decollette heel!) Then, a burgundy suede Pigalle 120 (Decollate heel). I hardly wear any of them, EXCEPT the black-patent!

I'm currently on the Hot Chick 130 bandwagon -- black patent, leopard patent, shocking pink patent, degrade (black to red). Holding up so far, no heel breakage. I only wear'em inside, although I took the leopards on a short 2 block jaunt.

Reactions: Nottwenty