1. Yay! My first thread!:yahoo:

Hehe. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had a favorite smoothie recipe that you'd be willing to share? I just went to San Diego, and while I was there, I visited a Jamba Juice. I LOVED their soy "green" smoothie! It was TDF! I don't eat dairy of any kind so I was glad I could find a place that made them with soy. I'll go ahead and post my favorite recipe that DH makes all the time:

1 package of frozen tropical fruit mix (Mangoes, pineapple, papaya and mandarin oranges)
    2 teaspoons coconut extract
    2 tablespoons powdered soymilk (ricemilk if I'm the one making it)
    4 1/2 cups water

Blend and enjoy!

Variations could include adding strawberries, non-dairy yoghurt, or vanilla protein powder.
  2. I make smoothies all the time at home. I don't have a specific measured recipe, but I use about:
    - 2 good size dollups of plain yogurt
    - 1 banana
    - a handful of frozen strawberries, sliced
    - 3 or 4 ice cubes
    - enough milk to blend, or any other liquid of your choice

sometimes I'll substitute blueberries for the strawberries, which makes my most favorite combination. or use a flavored juice like the V8 smoothie pina colada flavor plus banana for a really tropical taste.
  3. I don't have a set recipe either, but I usually mix some vanilla yogurt, frozen fruit (depending on what I'm in the mood for, but anything from assorted berries to peaches to bananas), ice, and a little apple juice for sweetness and to help reach the desired consistency. Blend and serve. DELICIOUS!
  4. i love smoothies! i usually buy them from robeks but when i make them i mix together:
    -a small container of strawberry or strawberry banana yogurt
    -a couple handfuls of frozen strawberries
    -a banana
    -a teaspoon or so of sugar
    -enough oj or apple juice to make it the right consistency
  5. Yum! I love smoothies. I used to go to jamba juice all the time to get meal replacement smoothies until I realized how much refined sugar and non natural stuff they put in their smoothies, and offer nearly no nutritional value compared to another chain- the "smoothie king." I went into SK one day to try them out, and had a conversation with the manager about how they are differentiating themselves from other similar smoothie places. I learned so much about their ingredients that I will never go back to jamba! Now every time I go in, I try to memorize and remember what they are putting into those blenders so I can make them at home. lol!! A good one to try is mangoes, pineapples, no sugar added orange juice, ice and non fat yogurt. Not sure about exact measurements..a little experimentation is all you need!