Smelly Chanel 2.0 - Let's get physical

Carbon in charcoal is another odor eater.

Whatever you try you need to give it a week ... smoke is a hard one to get out but it does eventually come out. Good luck!

Well here is what I did with my smelly bag. I had a nice blue lambskin classic. It was a vintage piece. It smelled like smoke really bad. My son was born about the time I got it (8 mos ago) so I had his Mustela baby bodywash. It smells soooooo good, (and its FRENCH)!!! I figured it was gentle enough for his skin and his eyes, plus he's a baby (lambskin is delicate) soooooo why not. Well it worked great! I used a soft cloth and I lathered that thing up and it smelled MUCH better on the outside and I bet it was smellier than yours because Cambon has not been out long enough to have penetrated as deep as a vintage bag can get. Imagine 10 or so years of heavy smoke! Anyway, it worked out really well and smelled fresher. Oh and I repeated the process 2 to 3 times. It even gave it a nice sheen.

Has anyone else tried this on the outside of their lambskin bags? I am so tempted to do this for my Vintage Jumbo as it reeks of smoke after my New Year's Party.

I have used dryer sheets too and they work wonders! of course I practically dumped the whole box in and around my bag and left it in my closet and my whole closet smelled like lavender sandlewood for weeks! :smile: lol

I had purchased on *bay & the thing smelled of smoke ---I'm allergic! I spent a ton of money having the leather professionally cleaned...but after a few days, the smell came back. I tried all the things you did & it didn't work. I sort of gave up & put it in the back of my closet...nothing special....when I went back into my closet 1-2years later, the smell was gone! I guess the smell just takes time to air out.

^^ Does anyone else put those dryer sheets inside to keep it smelling nice? Is that a good or bad idea? I've done it... don't know if I should though.

Yes, it doesn't work. Then it just smells like smokey dryer sheet...
I bought a bag that had a STRONG smell of mint gum (I hate gum). I found that the only thing that helped was time. Eventually, the bag aired out enough so that it didn't smell anymore - smoke may be different though. Good luck!

Last edited:
Wrap several strong smelling votive candles in tissue and place them in the bag for 2 or 3 weeks or longer. Don't place the purse in any sort of dustbag during this time.