Smelly bag!

I got a bag from Hong Kong that smelt a bit too I didn't realise it was moth balls.

I put a dryer sheet in and closed it up but it smelt even worse very strong & over powering so then I took out the dryer sheet and left the bag open for a few days. that worked the smell has all gone

I bought a gold epi ALMA from a mypoupette recommended seller from HK that smelled of mothballs. The smell actually didnt bother me because my dad used it all the time in his suitcase (he worked in HK for many years and I guess thats how they kept their stuff dry in the wet tropical climate) and it reminded me of our suitcases. lol. I have not used that bag yet and I bought it about two years ago. I had it stuffed with old clothes that I no longer wear. I took the bag out right now to see if the mothball smell is still there and there is no smell. It just smells like me and my old clothes--which smells like clean laundry. lol. So yeah...the smell does go away eventually...u may have to wait two years to use your bag.

I like the smell of mothballs. I don't use them myself, I live in the northeast where there is no need to. For me the smell brings back memories of when I was a little girl visiting my grandparents in Fl. who used them. Oddly I've never had the opportunity of buying a bag from one of the HK sellers present itself, I've managed to amass a collection of mostly pre-owned bags from other reselling locations. I hope to one day though be a recipient of one of those so called cursed bags, lol, I think I would love it.

I hope for your sake since you don't find it appealing, that you can make the smell disappear.

I just bought a Speedy 25 from let-trade and it did have a slight mothball smell. I've been airing it out and it's going away slowly. I actually put one of my opened Yankee candle jars in the bag and that helped a little.

Yes, I received one from Hong Kong with the "moth balls" smell. The dryer sheets work. Don't worry, the smell won't be there forever.

i must be really sensitive to mothball smell, because I can still smell mothballs on my bucket that I got 2 years ago. And, I had it relined by LV!!! Before relining, I tried charoal, coffee, bounce sheets, febreeze, etc. and as it result my vittonitt started peeling and becoming sticky. That's when I got it relined and still I get a whif of it every once in a while. I hate mothballs!