Smell of leather bag?

1. my friend saw my whiskey shoulder bag and commented it looks darker vs when i just bought them and soon it might start to *smell* :wtf: i was assuming leather smell just fade away with time but i wouldn't want my leather to smell unpleasant with time

does older leather bag smell different vs from when it's new? :confused1:

2. The smell of older leather tends to be more faded and less pronounced than new leather. I don't know what she's talking about.

3. I know what you mean by darker, or it is all in my head, my Legacy Zip seems softer and a bit darker, I love it...but I have not noticed a smell of any kind.

4. the smell when I bought my bag has faded but thats about it...

5. I don't know what she's talking about regarding the smell. The whiskey leather is supposed to get darker as it ages...the SA even mentioned that to me when I bought mine. It just starts to look more weathered and vintage-y. But as for the smell?? I don't know what she meant.

6. I love the smell of leather. I don't see it becoming a problem smell. I have older bags that still smell leathery but def not overwhelming.

7. thanks for all the comments! now i can stop my worrying about funny smells haha :smile:

8. Yes..Don't listen to her..I have many Coach bags...My older bags are still like new and DO NOT have an unpleasant smell....She was problably jealous!! Congrats & enjoy!!!